Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A big storm for pnw on its way

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/data/satellite/goes_pac_1070_100.jpg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
powhound, excuse my ignorance, but what is "pnw" and what exactly does that picture show?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
powhound, Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pacific North West. British Columbia coastal range & Cascades - Whistler, Mt Baker etc

Does look good! Lets hope its cold enough snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hezza, thank you. I now know what PNW stands for.
I still don't understand the picture. Please orientate me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The picture is a satellite radar of the pacific ocean, and if you look in the top right hand corner, you can see the coast of canada (outlined in a thin black line) The bright yellow and orange colours are precipitation...and the big swirl of yellow and orange is a storm...which will be heading straight for the coast.

Once it hits the coastal mountains of British Columbia - i.e. Whistler, it will rise, cool and dump lots of snow. Or so we hope Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you again Hezza. How did you work all that out?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mt baker is expecting over 30 inches + on tuesday alone and this storm is gonna last 2-3 days yippee, then theres another one on its way for friday
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
powhound, being selfish, this is not Yippee at all.
North America stole all our snow last season.
We don't want the same thing to happen this time Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
well its yippee for me cos im off to canada in jan ( Very Happy sorry)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim wrote:
powhound, being selfish, this is not Yippee at all.
North America stole all our snow last season.
We don't want the same thing to happen this time Twisted Evil

Don't worry. It's dumping big time in Austria right now. Lech and Zuers are cut off. The Arlbergpass is closed and the avalanche level is 4/5 Shocked In November that is a bit unusual. What's more it's scheduled to carry on like this until well into next week.
Now let's see whether I can shift that meeting on thursday...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
the avalanche level is 4/5 Shocked

Yes, that's the downside. A big dump of snow on no base at all makes for very dangerous conditions.
I expect to hear about avalanche injuries any moment. Sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
powhound, It's looking rather stormy on the Whistler webcam. Robbie says that it's tipping it down with rain in Pemberton today. We need the freezing level to start getting lower.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Next storm rollinging in is warmer Sad , Hard to believe I was getting snowed on all day in Sept.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, I want North America to steal europes snow once again-on a completely selfish basis. Let it snow!!!
snow report
Rossfra8, agreed. Unfortunately it is looking mighty pathetic where I am heading... still only a small dusting of snowat Silver Star,.... and I am meant to start work on Sunday!!! there was at least a metre by this time last year... I think Europe has stolen all the snow.. B*st*rds Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Not from Banff it hasnt where I will be spending my first 3 months of the season before sampling the delights of wherever in europe has most snow!Very Happy http://www.skibig3.com/onmountain/webcams.cfm
snow conditions
Well either Thur-Sat storms will allow N ID ski areas to open or I'll be skiing Sunshine Village.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy