Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

who matches up their boot colour with their skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Random question...
who matches up their boot colour with their skis?

got blue boots, don't think they're gonna go too well with some of the Scott skis Shocked

going in for the girly colour coordination here you see Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Of course I do - and with the right colour lipstick wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As it happens, my new skis, bought through Snowheads (Elan) happen to match my boots (Rossignol) exactly. It's really embarassing. I hope nobody think I did it deliberately. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All Blue ( Atomic) boots ...Orange ( very) skis .... Caucasian (uncool) complexion ..... blame a colour-blind 'zoo' herder !! rolling eyes Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not deliberately, but by happy coincidence..... wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agenterre, An man of your Breeding should have kit for all occasions in several different colours. (Gentle pushiness) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
as it happens i have a job lot of spray paint left over form a graffiti job on a railway bridge down the road, any colour you like guv Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, well your fault .... glad to see your colour-co-ordination, grafitti and boot-fitting prowess are well matched wink

( PS - for the casual observer, he's a good boot-fitter!)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They have never matched in the past, but since CEM fitted me with a pair of Nordica's in Red/White, they do match my Volkl's very well.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I've tried 'Breeding' ..... not a great successs. I understand that I may be sold in 'Lime Green' or 'British Grey' next time around .... oh TGIF !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmmm.... What about matching jacket with skis with boots with goggles? Does this make me a bad person? Sorry Sad

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 9-11-07 15:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ice_pie wrote:
Hmmm.... What about matching jacket with skis with boots with goggles? Does this make me a bad person? Sorry Sad

]

Not at All ..... Just a Tosser Toofy Grin wink snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre, You're just an angry person who needs a pair of orange goggles. Your bitterness is very unbecoming. rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ice_pie, are you skiing on a couple of Yorkies?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GordonFreeman, thanks for bringing this up. I have just bought a lovely pair of orange and white Technica boots in LDA and was very concerned that they match absolutely nothing else that I have got.

Do I have to buy a completely new ensemble?

Or would you consider that orange and white goes with green and gold (my Rossi skis), black (my trousers - though sometimes brown in a crisis), blue (my jacket) and grey (my helmet)?

Fashion help required. Where are Trinny and Suzannah when you want them?
ski holidays
ice_pie, Angry ? Confused Skis - excellent. Jacket - OK ...Goggles ..mmhh ..it was the boots and the counter -rotation, back-seatedness, inside leg contra-extension with headup rectum I was worried about Shocked wink wink ( and a few more winkies as you are joining in a mega-anti-moi-windup !)
latest report
Nick L, Triiny and Susannah have ( allegedly ) retired after seeing your purchasing prowess.

...Get to the back of the '"WGAF'" queue ! Little Angel
snow conditions
Agenterre, Very Happy
latest report
It's something that you have to think about very carefully in my opinion. You have to bear in mind that bright colours will go a lot faster than darker ones, so avoid navy blue and black if you're intending to go at any speed. Snowboarders have discovered an ingenious way of getting round this problem (they do love thier dark clothes) by wearing heavy metalware. This increases their specific gravity and hurries them down the hill most effectively. The only drawback is that they are often dragged to the ground when they come to a halt, which is why it is so common to see them perched in the middle of pistes and behind kickers. Insufficient leg-strength.

In conclusion, Nick L, watch out. Those bright coloured skis and boots might end up going significantly faster than your upper body. This will prove a problem. I recommend either spray-painting them a darker hue, or dye yourself bright pink.
snow conditions
ice_pie, now I have an excuse for being in the back seat - my boots are faster than the rest of me - thanks
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
ice_pie, Angry ? Confused Skis - excellent. Jacket - OK ...Goggles ..mmhh ..it was the boots and the counter -rotation, back-seatedness, inside leg contra-extension with headup rectum I was worried about Shocked wink wink ( and a few more winkies as you are joining in a mega-anti-moi-windup !)

A second after that it looked an awful lot worse. I can see posture is something that bothers you so you'll be pleased to know i was in a tidy little heap.
latest report
Get a grip men.. Gordon's question wasn't for you just the girls

If he'd meant to include you he'd have asked about the radius of the skis you are using or the steepest pitch you'd ever skied or a list of injuries..
ski holidays
ice_pie, Laughing Laughing Laughing ( btw , i'm the crappiest skier here Sad )
latest report
Agenterre wrote:
ice_pie, Laughing Laughing Laughing ( btw , i'm the crappiest skier here Sad )

It's not wether you'r crappy or flawless. It's the fundamentals that count, and we all know what the fundamentals are. Two planks good one plank bad SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 9-11-07 16:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Agenterre, Not any more, now that I've arrived!

I have some ace "Starskey and Hutch" red and white Atomic boots; what colour skis should I buy?
ski holidays
johnnyboy, from the same era, may I suggest orange and aubergine?
ski holidays
Quote:

It's the fundamentals that count, and we all know what the fundamentals are.

snow Confused Confused
ski holidays
GordonFreeman, you should get a pair of purple Black Crows to match the boots, they look cool.

Nick L, Good to see you are supporting the Irish with you boot/ski colour combo
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick L, I'm after skis not curtains or bathroom furniture!
snow report
johnnyboy, Good on yer ..... I suspect you have the same boots as me ( 100s' ??) ....but in the right color ! ( Shame on you CEM ) .. so RX-8s ( but I would say that !!) ...de-tuned as I'm told but they tell you what's going on .... snowHead

CEM, abso-blooming-luetely !
snow conditions
Used to. Not any more.
ski holidays
abc, Confused Confused Bit young to go celibate Shocked Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
Peter Ross, Black Crows ?? --- You mean the 'ice' skis ? wink
snow report

Yes the 'ice skis'!!!
latest report
If you want to be cool this season snow sliding, this is the look you need. snowHead

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 9-11-07 16:58; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Peter Ross, ..but 'someone' has a pic with them 'aux mains' ..non? Cool
snow report
Agenterre, Yes there were a lot of paparazzi trying to get a snaps of them, but our very own snowheads journo lampbus got some exclusive pics.
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
abc, Confused Confused Bit young to go celibate Shocked Toofy Grin snowHead
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
I'm in orange black jacket and trousers, black gloves, silver helmet and goggles, dark grey boots and white/grey skis with red motifs.

Strikes me we need a colour coded swapsees thread Laughing Laughing
snow report
abc wrote:
Used to. Not any more.

and the question was ?

Got it ? .. I know you're an American citizen .... but .... snowHead Toofy Grin wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy