Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg 2007/08

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
was apparently open Smile but website currently says:

All cablecars and restaurants on Mount Titlis will be closed from November 12 - 23, 2007 for maintenance and refurbishment work.

seems to be more snow lower down then when I was there end of Jan last year!

LiveCam Trübsee (1'800 m.ü.M.)

Anyone out there in Dec??

cheers,

greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone know when Engelberg opens fully? Appears on their web site that the left hand side is open at the moment, the Joch area lifts appear to be shut...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 6-12-07 13:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure kitenski, but might just might be going there next week....if so will report back....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're back, not a classic by any means, but ok!

Arrived late Friday, still feeling sh*te, unfortunately my wife's bag didn't make it, and is still lost.

Saturday 100km winds so everything shut. I stayed in bed all day and slept while my wifetried to scavenge enough stuff to ski in!

Sunday, feeling better! Still windy, so the cable car up was on go slow, then stopped, so had to take funicular and then slow trams to the top! It was warm, but obviously had snowed. Jochpass was tracked out, and no upper lifts were running! We found some nice snow in gullies around Stand, then headed over the lake and were first into the gullies down to the slow 2 man chair. Did that around 3 times with a walk back up to the chair.

Monday - warm again, but the top was open, still windy up there, got ice blasted around the face but finally managed to ski the glacier off piste route, nice! Apart from idiots skiing above you and raining stones/snow onto you!! Cloud was dropping fast, so zero visibility after lunch up high, so ended up doing laps around jochpass, snow was starting to firm up and refreeze.

Was raining/snowing lightly as we left.

Has anyone ever skied the colouir to the left as you look at the Buddha statue at the top of the chair on the glacier? Looked like a short straight lining then opening out into a fantastic bowl, could see one track only in it at the start....

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski wrote:
Has anyone ever skied the colouir to the left as you look at the Buddha statue at the top of the chair on the glacier? Looked like a short straight lining then opening out into a fantastic bowl, could see one track only in it at the start....

if it's where i think it is (to the left of the arrival of the Ice Flyer), we were looking at it in January - it looked in better condition that I has seen it in previously and very skiable. i think you need to do some serious skinning to get back to Engelberg or you can keep skiing to the west and you have a very long drive back
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yeh that's the one Arno, guess a guide would be useful to get the correct route out...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, from memory, it's on the relevant swiss ski map. probably easy enough in good weather (ie when you can see where you are going)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off there Thursday night - any up to date reports of snow conditions please???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tony Lane, You have picked one of the best weeks to go.

It\s dumping in Zurich at the moment / midnight / and all of what's left is going to Engelberg. This will add to what they have alreadz, what they are having and what's to come.

I'm going for the weekend, but I'm thinking of giving up work to go there tomorrow instead.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sweet. Arriving Thursday morning Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
smolo, many thanks!!! Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whoo hoo ... work ? Bah, no contest ... they need me more than I need them ... 0630 start and on the hill by 0930.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pics from 2 weekends ago....this is down through the glacier which they appear to have marked as a itinary on the piste map now!!

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy