Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Mag's latest online version...

Poster: A snowHead
http://viewer.zmags.co.uk/showmag.php?mid=tssqs
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rather floats round in the middle of a 1920x 1210 screen - and doesn't zoom in IE7 or Opera. Content looks as though it might be OK. So nearly very good. Wait a minute - just found the magnifier thingy. That's better - if a little wobbly. Might have a read later.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

if a little wobbly
there are pills you can get for that
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, do you work for Snow magazine?

... or just their PR company?

Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin, as I don't really exist... neither.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Content seems OK, but I do LURVE the on-line reader software. very easy and clear to use. all mags should be available like this. Presumably the ads cover the costs (which presumably are less without the need to actually print anything?)

Fall-liner? Little Angel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AxsMan, They do still print heaps for distribution via shops, slopes etc. This is for those who don't frequent such sinful places and pick up a copy for free.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very good viewer software.

Interesting that the SCGB are advertising their insurance (p74) and not membership Confused

More Profit to be made in the insurance game, I suppose, how sad Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, I see the top and bottom corners turn it now too...

Loved the on-bed exercises with champage - the zoom function doesn't work quite well enough though Toofy Grin

boredsurfin, yep - agreed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
Very good viewer software.

Interesting that the SCGB are advertising their insurance (p74) and not membership Confused

More likely their underwriter has kicked back a marketing budget specifically to advertise insurance.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:

Couldn't find it on page 74 as presented here. Hope you are right - the Club made a loss last year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

the Club made a loss last year
must be expensive being so eco-friendly wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any boarders out there, this is a good, new online magazine:

http://www.isboardmag.com/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
buckers, something odd about the page turning software there. My 'puter didn't like it at all... kept opening new windows all over the shop. Maybe you need to be a boarder to understand it. Should I stand sideways and click?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, OK here. You are not using one of those pesky Macs, are you? wink
snow report
buckers, not a boarder - but that is really great clean layout and use of embedded video with some great photos. Does open in second window but worked very quickly after that. I'd like to see something as good for skiing online and free.
ski holidays
achilles, no ...and that's a subject we should try and avoid for the sake of our collective sanities.
latest report
OK, it works now. Yes, that's very neat, no zooming required to read it, like the embedded video (Snow can't do that as they actually print the thing). Like the full screen option. 9/10.
snow report
Yep, apart from the content wink that one's pretty good too!
snow conditions
achilles, Sorry it's on page 70, tiredness catching up with me Toofy Grin
snow report
btw can you "subscribe" to get an email when the next version is out, rather than rely on a chance reading on snowheads Very Happy
snow report
kitenski, never fear, Swiller's here. You can be sure we will be advised of the publication. Toofy Grin
snow report
kitenski, you could always subscribe to the mag itself. I think the details are in the online version. Would be good if it just came out by email then I wouldn't incur the withering sarcasm of the Ski & Free Board Supporters Club.
snow report
Bode Swiller, Really developing nicely that magazine .. an enjoyable skim-read. Your alter go/colleagues/mates/ acquaintances have done a nice job ...until their article on Isola 2000. I'm afraid it smacks of someone writing something never having been there ... and to paint as as a 'jet-set' retreat is laughable!

Quote:
Head south to Isola 2000. France’s southernmost ski resort

Erggh no, try the Pyrennees and Corsica; others in the region such as L’Audibergue, Valberg, Beuil, Greolieres and Colmiane are further South than Isola as Davidof has reminded me ! snowHead

Quote:
is only an hour’s drive from the beaches of the Côte d’Azur

Jeez … and I thought I drove fast!
Quote:
Known for A jet-set crowd.

Urggh ?? They wouldn’t be seen dead there ! Full of Cheap Italians. Middle-class Brits and ‘locals’!
Quote:
Bikini-clad skiers are not an uncommon sight
if, ‘not uncommon’ = common, then in Isola they’re not 'common' ie never seen one … water – skiers in the Med …yes
Quote:
and helicopter transfers are almost de rigeur.
How much were they paid to write this? I've never seen one land there, the local NCE helicopter companies advertise transfers to Courchevel, Val d’Iserse. L2A etc …. But if you can afford a copter then you are unlikely to stop in Isola! The most favoured form of transport is car or the Snowbus!
snow conditions
Agenterre, hadn't read that bit but, you're absolutely right, does seem a bit OTT and I'll ensure they tune in to read your comments. Sometimes it's a reflection of how the writer was treated by the resort but no excuse.

achilles, open season...
ski holidays
Bode Swiller,
Quote:

achilles, open season...

Pull's up chair to watch Toofy Grin
I nearly bought a small scgb subscription the other day but was put off because there is no mention of what the present is for joining up Sad
snow conditions
Quote:

no mention of what the present is for joining up
you get a ringside seat to the AGM in a few weeks time Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy