Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
rayscoops, But that's part of the trouble. I loath and despise towns and the urban environment, and the 'don't care, I'm for me' attitude that I perceive to be tied up with that environment. I'm a country bumpkin and have always (almost always) lived in small villages. Snowheads seemed to be a nice little club on the Internet. Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
unfortunately alot of recent postings seem to more about being clever/picking arguments then helping people out Sad

Please keep up your reports Charlotte, it's great to hear the truth from someone in resort!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, Yes but life is not a bowl of roses. When walking back from the PSB meal we had at the Blue Salmon a French youth backed by a larch bunch of mates said something to my face as he walked by me. I did not understand what was said but could tell by the reaction of Agenterre that it was really very unpleasant (and indeed it was). In situations like this one is faced with 2 options: Confront the youth and gain little apart from a possibnble visit to A&E or a Police cell (or both), or get on with enjoying a very nice evening and hope that some day the youth will grow up. Humans bitch on and wind each other up end of story.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, 2Alpes has rather more than its share of that sort of thing, unfortunately.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, what was the translation ?? I need to learn it for this season just in case Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, Keep the reports coming. I loved reading your thread last year and it's one of the reasons I felt I should come out to Les2Alps for this first time in Jan. I did think there were some un-necessary comments but I think most people, like myself can identify constructive comments from sniping
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mogs, I was there last Jan and even during supposedly bad conditions the pistes were great, even better than Kilvey Hill Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, Your snow reports are excellent, one of the reason I went on the PSB. I have to say that for someone to upset you, it must have been a very strong
comment. You have a great way of summing things up and it would be a pity to lose your comments from these forums. So what if people think your promoting your resort, good for you. Green eyed monster spring to mind, I would love to have had a chance in life to do half of what you have achieved.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, Pretty , pretty please? We like your reports vv much !

Funnily enough Frosty the Snowman, 's post made me think about why people could have such differing opinions on L2A.... and it is worth pondering for a moment.

It's skiing is amongst the best ( so must be even better for good skiers who can exploit its potential); the town has everything ( and excellent value afaics).

However, if on your first and only trip you had been subjected to that language ( sorry rayscoops, not worthy of repeating anywhere..that bad) on your first and only visit to L2A ,,, you might never return - and would have some harsh words to say. It matters not whether he/they are locales/Marseillais ou Grenoblois (sp?) , it was disgusting .... and why none of us should form 'judgments' on incidental events/posts perhaps? It may never have happened before or since, and might just as easily have happened in Courchevel, who knows?

Please can we have the posts back?? !! snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was the original person who "mis-placed" there comments and feelings and apologies have been exchanged a long time ago!

I look at the L2A thread regularly and find it great that easiski makes so much effort keeping us all informed on what's happening. It makes a world of difference to us back in the u.k
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, I can only echo the sentiments above. I have never been to LDA but because of your reports and comments, I am definitely going to visit sometime.
Don't let the blighters get you down and please keep posting because I for one find them both interesting and very informative, additionally the pictures lighten up many a grey afternoon here in Blighty!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, Frosty the Snowman, That's dreadful - there's no excuse. Hopefully they weren't local, but in any case I apologise on behalf of all of us who live here. I probably would have had a go back at them! One day I shall get myself beaten up - hopefully no time soon.

Thanks everyone. I have been feeling very down lately about it all, you've cheered my up no end and made me feel positively gulpy! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
will all be positively gulping a week on Sunday at Lutins Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy Very Happy .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
R32 are you out at the same time? up near you at the moment, working at the quayside. Staying in Whitly Bay Shocked
snow conditions
fragy, We arrive on 22nd Dec and return home on the 5th Jan, doing some skiing (as there'll be lots of snow like last year Very Happy ) and then installing the new bathroom rolling eyes .

Lovely sunny Whitley Bay! In Scotland at moment......has been snowing Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
easiski, Do you read any slurs on L2A as a personal insult?, because you should't. I have rarely come accross a place that divides opinion to such an extent as does L2A, I have friends who hate the place and friends who love it and have ALL the T shirts..

IMHO this forum is very pro L2A, be thankful you don't teach in La Rosiere!! - I suspect you would have spontaneously combusted by now if you did Laughing

easiski wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, I think that was the problem. I was successful and that apparently caused resentment to the point where a good few people (posing as newbies) felt it necessary to hi-jack my apartment thread and insult both me and the resort. It's my HOME. Of course I take insults personally. I take everything personally. I've never learnt how not to! I don't suppose I'm going to now. Bearing in mind that I could still lose both apartments, (I won't be safe for about a month after the actual sale) and at that point I hadn't sold the Waala, this was major distressing for me.

Easiski,Just as well you don't call winterhighland.info your home --- most of the regulars there ski at Cairngorm and spend there time pulling the place to bits on the forum --- but they still ski there snowHead
latest report
Nice thread, have booked a week to Alpe-d'Huez in the first week of Feb so will be checking this page regularly since Les Deux Alpes isn't too far away from it!
ski holidays
northantsred wrote:
easiski, I can only echo the sentiments above. I have never been to LDA but because of your reports and comments, I am definitely going to visit sometime.
Don't let the blighters get you down and please keep posting because I for one find them both interesting and very informative, additionally the pictures lighten up many a grey afternoon here in Blighty!

EXACTLY!
ski holidays
It's snowing at resort level Laughing Laughing
waiting for Easiski report
snow conditions
metalhead132 wrote:
It's snowing at resort level Laughing Laughing
waiting for Easiski report

Can't wait, those webcams look great this morning. Charlotte, remind them to get those resort runs ready for the 1st wink . What a start to the season snowHead
ski holidays
As you know easiski, I was one of those that would NEVER have put LDA on my wishlist of place to visit if it hadn't been for you, this thread and your snowhead fan club.

11th December will see me back there for the 6th week inside 12 months Shocked ( admittedly including 3 summer weeks)

I know I don't say much (maybe I should) but this thread is one of the first I look at - even when I haven't got a trip planned!

Yes, you take things personally, and sometimes for your own sanity imaybe it would be better if you didn't ,(easier said than done) but people shouldn't forget that it is precisely because you take everything so personally that you have a dimension to your teaching that is missing in the roll 'em in, roll 'em out school of instruction and that really sets you apart....as well as the 'tell it as it is approach' which is also what I think you do with LDA on this thread. When it's good, you tell us and when it's not so good you tell us that too. That can only be to everyone's benefit.

Please don't let a vocal minority make your reports feel any less valued than they are by the vast majority.
snow conditions
Nice WHITE views at the webcams!!!

The snow limit level fall down finally. Above cretes maybe the snow base can be enough to open it next week. Do you think so, easiki??

Remember that 6-10th december will be the "spaniards" weekend Laughing Laughing and it seems that 2alpes another year can have the best conditions of French Alps at this time of the season (Austrian Alps seems better but too far for a long weekend!!!).

SOOOO.... we could be there....

PLEASE keep us informed!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Checking meteofrance data....... Nice graph!!!

snow conditions
I advocate starting an L2A fan club, because after my first visit last year I'm returning again at Xmas this year and no doubt again next year! It's an awesome resort and that comes from someone who can compare it with many trips to Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Cyprus! L2A is the best Smile and easiski is an excellent instructor by the way if anyone needs lessons!
ski holidays
Looking good on the Alpe D'Huez webcams too (a good selection are up at running linked from the SKi club of Great Britain website- http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/general/report.asp

The signal was all patchy earth yesterday and now it's all covered with snow and the resort level webcams show a whiteout
ski holidays
williams691, I don't think this sort of grovelling is likely to get you a freebie, you know. Laughing
ski holidays
Ha ha ha Laughing I've already paid for my lessons this year thank you - but credit where it's due eh Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dr. Will,

Quote:

resort level webcams show a whiteout

Do you have a link - I didn't know there was a resort level cam

Ta very Much
snow report
I'm talking about the streaming feed that rotates and looks down onto the resort buildings from half-way up the Signal- its among the selection of cams that you can get if you use the webcams button from the summary of the Alpe D'Huez info on the Ski Club of Great Britain site.
ski holidays
Mattmulkeen, have a look on www.les2alpes.com Fair amount of webcams there.
latest report
Thank you all. Snowing buckets this morning, big heavy, wet flakes - just right for a good base. It was so nice (well, not the snow clearing bit) that I had to take a photo so here it is! Very Happy
ski holidays
Does this mean that normal service is resumed - Oh goody I hope so snowHead
ski holidays
easiski, Bee-yoo-tiful!
latest report
Annie, I really haven't got time to take daily photos at the moment. 6 million things to do, and about 9 days to do them in! Sad
latest report
Not quite what I meant - just glad that you're feeling better about telling us how it is! ....and yes that is another gorgeous pic!
ski holidays
Annie, Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski,

Keep em coming snowHead
latest report
easiski, could you tell me if 3 years 3 months is ok to start ski lessons as i wont to bring my godson out in March to learn?
Looking forward to hitting the slopes next Saturday.
See you there Very Happy
ski holidays
fragy, that's not a straightforward question - let's discuss it on Sunday. Very Happy Foggy down here this morning - probably sunny further up. No time to go and see - sorry.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy