Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes - Winter 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
no problem, hope it becomes more clear with a couple of beers Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, lovely sunshine above the mist from the 2000m cam. fragy, the youngest we've taken is just under 5, got on OK. I'll tell you all about it when we meet up. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, I sended you a PM rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grimsby Ranger, ok mate, the weather in resort has got to be better than at home at the moment, its terrible.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Annie wrote:
Does this mean that normal service is resumed - Oh goody I hope so snowHead

Me2
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Annie wrote:
Does this mean that normal service is resumed - Oh goody I hope so

Me2

Me and all Little Angel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hmmmm... not great readings some of these things but.. Shocked

I like to see graphs and predictions as I live in the UK and you have to get your expectations from somewhere so I don't knock them. I also quite like to see New York state or the East coast having storms as I hope that weather will arrive in the alpes about a week later, but there is absolutely no substitue for someone ( mostly Charlotte) popping in and saying it is bucketing down in L2A. Also, it is just as important to contradict perceived 'wisdoms' back home who say there is no snow and up pops a pic from L2A with snow we would kill for....

I'll be going back to the area for the 5th time this year.... and I would put it very highly on my list of places to buy in.

There is no susbstitue for local's advice on so many things... it pretty well makes this site, IMV.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
call me a sad bar-steward but since easiski has adopted her understandable work-to-rule policy and limited hes posts I have taken to a seemingly hourly ritual of checking L2A snow report thread seeing no report; sighing in dissappointment and then repeating the whole process - please Charlotte let us interested folks see the conditions on the ground!

I've sent you a PM on the other matter!!

snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sshhh, leave easiski alone, everyone, and she'll come back when she's good and ready. Crunch time for the acte de vente is imminent, I would guess that easiski is stressing out big time - I certainly would be!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easiski is frantically trying to get her revamped website up and running, and it isn't, and I'm not an IT person - oh Hell!!! Agenterre has already noticed the probs and PM'd me - I just dont know what to do about it. Right now, eyes stinging like mad and have to be up early to meet Lizzard with furniture at the Waala, dismantle beds and remove, meet MW girl to hand over keys etc to another client's apart. Meet Tory to discuss business later in the morning .... so no more computer tonight. Bummer, but I'll just have to try and sort it tomorrow. Never had a prob till the theft. Sad Sad Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, i have PM's you
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Say Hi to Tory for me, bet she will wonder how you know who i am Very Happy
Fraser that is not Fragy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We went to get our season passes this morning and managed to get a first hand report of the ski conditions. Very Happy The guys preparing the pistes have been working really hard, and have dammed down the snow before the wind could take it away. It is apparantly skiable down to Cretes, not bad for this time of year. There is still snow on the front face, but not really enough to ski down.

The other good news is that there is a magnetic system installed for lift passes where you leave your lift pass in your pocket, so no more photos needed, no cold hands taking gloves off to get the ski pass out, and replacement of lost ski passes possible with the system. Sorry if this news is already on another thread, but we don't have time to read them all getting our accommodation ready for guests.

We would love to post the occasional photo of the snow for you all, but still can't quite work out how to do this. If anyone can help and would like this, then let us know how to do it.

Let you know what the snow was like after the lifts opn on Saturday.

Pete and Lyn, scuba-ski
ski holidays
 brian
brian
scubaski, sounds good. Very Happy

To post a photo, first upload it to some webspace you have .... or if you don't have any then open an account in the snowHead s snowmediazone (see link under the snowbase menu at the top of the page).

Then put tags around the location of the pic like this:

Code:

[img]http://www.scubaski.com/myimageishere.jpg[/img]

If you want to resize the pic to fit the page better, then put the size in the 1st tag as in:

Code:

[img=600,400]http://www.scubaski.com/somebigpic.jpg[/img]
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good job if they handled to prepare the pistes before the wind. And if L2A is pisted til Cretes, there will be enough snow and pistes to open the season with good amount of the area opened.

Looking at the webcams it looks like just above 2000m they have good base, below this it seems just few cm. But with expecting forecast for the next days maybe it can change!!

Did they making artificial snow on the return (Valentin and demoiselles) pistes?? Do you think that they be able to open Fee area, and front face if they catch 60-70 of new snow???
ski holidays
brian, thank you very much for your help. Just off to meet easiski now, so will give this a tri tomorrow.
AITom, the Valentin has artificial snow on it, but would not like to comment on whether they will officially open the front face as the pisteurs would check on the safety on a daily basis.
In our experience, the Fee area has never opened until Christmas at the earliest, but who knows if there is enough snow?
Good news is that le Diable "Red Eggs" are opening on the 1st Dec.
snow report
 brian
brian
scubaski, say hi from me (I'm another easiski pupil). Very Happy
ski holidays
AlTom, I think it will be possible to ski down, but is unlikely to be open unless lots more snow arrives. They've been running the cannons like mad whenever they can, but I've had problems with the 'cannon crust' before. We'll see. I'll probably try it on Sat and let you know. Shocked If you can be bothered, find the thread for 2005/6 and look at the opening day post and photos! Very Happy

Scuba and ski have left to attend a birthday celebration ...... I'm shutting down now. Thought I'd sussed the website, (with a little help from Debbie), but now see I haven't - have another go tomorrow ... rolling eyes
ski holidays
We will see...... The meteo forecasts are good, and the last run out of GFS the snow limit level seems OK, always below resort level!!! Laughing
I HOPE IT! The amount of snow forecasted is fairly nice..... snowHead snowHead And we also hope that if all that finally occurs the resort will do a goob job and open as maximum as possible rolling eyes

We probably will be there next week 6th-11th!! Nice 6 days to warm up legs for an epic season (I hope), get the firsts tracks, firsts feelings, ......get a new boots properly fitted rolling eyes

......AND, of course, take a beer with easiski! Laughing
snow report
easiski, Have you tried renaming the home page to index.htm?
snow report
PisteHead, looks like the problem to me - no index page.
snow report
There is, and it's in the /web directory as it should be! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sunny and clear this morning - lots of temp inversion fog at this end yesterday.
ski holidays
easiski, I'll PM you.
ski holidays
achilles, debbi, You are stars.

Still sunny and clear (and fairly warm - but still only 15 deg in the sun. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, no problem, I enjoy a challenge, even more fun in another language Razz
snow report
 brian
brian
easiski, is this your opening weekend coming up ? Looks like you're in for freshies to start the season. Very Happy Going green
snow report
brian, Yes - open tomorrow! Very Happy I hear that the Cretes will be open, and everywhere between there are the glacier. There are tracks on the Valentin, but it doesn't look as though there's enough cover to run the machines up it. I think the pisteurs have been skiing a bit.
ski holidays
Good day today - watching Lake Louise, will post photos and report when its over. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well it was quite a nice day for our opening. they'd clearly worked very hard on the pistes, and there were a number open. Unusually the toura was open (the boarderX track), and also the Lac Noir and Grand Creux. I don't think I've ever seen this area open on the first day of the season before. we were up on the glacier, which had fab snow. Dome was open and the wall looked pretty much OK too. Obviously some of the crevasses won't have much of a snowbridge on them yet.

After work we all skied down together as far as the Cretes. I didn't feel up to skiing the Valentian, but I heard that Luca did and said that as long as you stayed away from the cannons it was great! Very Happy On the left is the toura and on the right are Lac Noir and Grand Creux
snow report
Here is a pic looking up the Jandri showing 2 choices of piste available, and on the right the Gand Couloir is filling up nicely. When I came home it was snowing quite hard again. We're expecting a fair bit in the next 3-4 days, although it might get warmer and rain low down - hope not, but the local weather is usually pretty accurate up to about 72 hours.
ski holidays
easiski, Looks great. Got a long wait until Easter before I get there though.
ski holidays
easiski, OOO. All looking very promising.
latest report
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
jiji, coming there from 9 to 11, and with more snow on the way.
Great pics easiski
snow conditions
easiski, cheers for these pics, the place is looking great already!

I'll be there Jan 6-12, I'm thinking about getting a couple of mornings worth of sharpening up lessons, the problem is I'm travelling with two boarder mates, so I'm on my own for lessons and can't really afford 1-1 lesson rates. If I can interest a couple of strangers from my chalet to join me would it be possible to book you or do you think you'll be booked up by then?

I've skiied about 7-8 weeks, pretty good on hard reds now. I want to use lessons this time to hone my technique, not really push onto blacks yet, just iron out bad habits on blues/reds first and look a bit more like a proper skier if possible.
latest report
It seems pretty good, nice pics easiski. It seems much better than last year

It looks like in general exist a good base, that it's perfect for the next storm as it dump on a hard snow base and fill up perfectly the runs....

Maybe next week I can open another year the grand couloir and the echine!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm very excited looking at those pics and forecasts together, I can't wait until wednesday Shocked Shock
snow report
Very high avalanche danger for wednesday.
ski holidays
It was very sunny again this morning, but the clouds started to roll in this afternoon. It now looks rfairly threatening and the local forcast is for abundant snow tomorrow (but starting tonight). The sky looks very possible. There was about 5cms of fresh all over from last night and we found some smashing turns in the (albeit very shallow) powder, particularly on the pistes. It's not a good idea to go off piste at the moment, but I did ski down the Valentin as the eggs were shut when I got to the Cretes. It wasn't all that good, but I didn't do any ski damage and it was possible but officially closed. Here's a pic of the Grand Nord where I skied some nice powder on the piste (it's just below 2,600m), and the second pic shows how skiing down the Lutins is rather 'interesting' at the moment. Again no serious damage, but I wouldn't bother again.
ski holidays
easiski, Is it me or have you posted pics else where? I did check median zone but none.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy