Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine 07/08

Poster: A snowHead
Who's in then?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
me NehNeh well actually in Les gets
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a snow alert for morzine today. Wish i was there Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
First snow in Morzine town commenced at 08.00 this morning. Hope it is the first of LOADSASNOW. Prove the doom and gloom, globalwarming team wrong.
Flurries forecast for a couple of days. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Wish all our veluxes had been finished yesterday !!!!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im going for my first ever visit to Morzine in January on a work trip - CANT WAIT
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ice_pie, I'm off to Avoriaz in Jan. Is Morzine worth a visit or should I stay up top?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 21-09-08 21:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Morzine's great fun: More of a town than avoriaz. Skiing's a little lower. It's all tree-level stuff, but lovely if you want to go on a long-distance day of pistey pootling. There's also the Nyon and Chamossier peak which is unmissable. It's the first place we head when there's fresh snow. A gem. But you'll probably spend most of your time nearer Avoriaz. The areas too huge to explore fully in a week. Take your time and enjoy it!
Have a wicked time Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ice_pie wrote:
Morzine's great fun: Very Happy

Going back for our 3rd year in Feb 2008. I agree such a large are there is no need to ski the same are twice. BTW check out the web cams for the first "winter/autumn" snow this year!! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi!

Driving down to Morzine on the 1st Dec! Laughing Laughing

Anyone need a lift?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anyone who lives in Morzine/Les Gets fancy handeling changeover days cleaning/changeing bed linen, towels. When I have private guests using my small 3 bed chalet in Morzine. Will mostly be using a letting agent but I usually have two or three private bookings a season.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll be there in March for the third year running Very Happy

snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gong there in Feb. I wonder if someone could offer some advice?

The people I'm going with are all different levels so there's litttle chance of us skiing together. Therefore I've booked ski school through the operator (Inghams), as much for piste guide and company as actual lessons.

A pass online costs 189 Euros for the area and 141 Euros just for Morzine-Avoriz. So does anyone know if the ski school (intermediate) will go beyond the local pistes making it worthwhile getting the area pass or would that be a waste?
Inghams are asking £142 for the lift pass which I assume is for the whole area (they don't actually say but would I be cynical to think they would charge that much for a local or unnecessary pass?).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I very much doubt that the ski school will go beyond the Morzine/Les Gets area, possibly Avoriaz at a push, but unlikely.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you were unlucky with the snow, they would very likely take you up to Avoriaz. Many Les Gets instructors did last season ( end December-end Jan) but that would be covered by Morzine/Avoriaz pass? If you know which ski school, why not email or ring?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jeraff - unless Morzine / Les Gets is closed then there is zero chance that the instructors will venture outside of Morzine / Les Gets. The primary reason is that it realistically takes 40 minutes to an hour to get a ski group across Morzine and up to Avoriaz - which is next to useless for a 3 hour lesson.

When you say "141 Euros just for Morzine-Avoriaz" - I'm guessing you mean "141 Euros just for Morzine-Les Gets". Morzine-Avoriaz passes are available, but aren't advertised and I'm pretty sure they're only sold to locals as a season pass.

There's actually quite a good chance of you skiing together in and around Les Gets and Morzine. There are quite a few options of having some people go down a piste, other people go down a more challenging piste and having yet others ski in the off-piste in between.
snow conditions
But at the same time, for the more advanced skiers on your party i'd recommend the full P.d.S pass. The difference in the price equates to about 10 euros a day (£6) and you really can't justify not spending this for the hundreds of kilometres of extra pistes you get, not to mention the ridiculous amount of back-country faffing-around you'll be able to do should there be a big dump of the fluffy white stuff that we all know and love.
latest report
Thanks for all the replies.

skisimon wrote:
I very much doubt that the ski school will go beyond the Morzine/Les Gets area, possibly Avoriaz at a push, but unlikely.

PhillipStanton wrote:
Jeraff - .... When you say "141 Euros just for Morzine-Avoriaz" - I'm guessing you mean "141 Euros just for Morzine-Les Gets". Morzine-Avoriaz passes are available, but aren't advertised and I'm pretty sure they're only sold to locals as a season pass......

I was going by the details on http://www.morzine.com/ where there are two price lists, one headed "Les Portes du Soleil" and one headed "Domaine Morzine-Avoriaz". But then when you go to book it, it changes to Morzine-Les Gets Confused
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy