Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many online weather forecasts are there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How many online weather forecasts are there? I know of the following which I check for forecasts in the Savoie region:

snowforecast.com
meteo.chamonix.com
meteo.fr
BBC weather
Weather forecasts on individual resort websites (all from meteo.fr?)

Of these I find meteo.chamonix to be the most reliable, even for resorts in the Tarentaise, while snowforecast is usually too optimistic with regard to when and how much snow will fall.

Am I missing any online forecasts worth checking?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.weather.com

It gives 10 day forecasts, but you might as well ask your astrologer for a prediction.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I also find meteo.chamonix.com to be very good indeed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rob, it's not surprising the meteo.chamonix.com is accurate for the Haute Tarentasie, it's very close, it's only about 6kms from the Col de Petit Sen Bernard to the Italian side of Mont Blanc. You should take a trip to La Rosiere this season from the top of the Roches Noire chairlift you'll get the clearest view of Mont Blanc. It's been explained to me that the Tarentaise weather comes up from the South-West, from the direction of Moutiers, as warm wet winds, hits Mont Blanc as it's the biggest massif and then sets up an anti-cyclone which is trapped in and around the Col. It's interesting that we can see when bad weather is hitting Tignes and Val d'Isere and we're completely unaffected. I think it also could explain why it seems to rain so much in Bourg St Maurice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.metcheck.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check snowforecast.com. The 4-6 days forecast is free today. The Alps look very promising this week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to snowHeads, kerekip snowHead

Better than that I looked at the Westendorf webcam and same a fair covering of the lovely white stuff!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1873

Here is some info for anyone coming over to North America. Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
rob@rar.org.uk, there's also http://www.savoiemeteo.net/previ.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy