Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schiphol voted Top Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://news.ebookers.com/news/amsterdam-airport-schiphol--awarded-the-best-airport-award-2007./172/

Heathrow voted worst

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/uk/news/article_1369769.php/Heathrow_voted_worlds_least_favourite_airport_in_survey
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wonder why I'm travelling to Vancouver next year via Schiphol and not Heathrow????? Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Acacia wrote:
I wonder why I'm travelling to Vancouver next year via Schiphol and not Heathrow????? Very Happy

Good choice Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heathrow - rubbish, Geneva pretty depressing

Zurich - awesome, Schipnol also quite nice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree I would much rather transfer through Schiphol or Zurich than most other european airports. And Heathrow is just horrendous, as is Charles De Gaulles, unless you are flying Scare France, in which case it's bearable.

[off-piste rant] And since I live near Manchester, and BA have got rid of BA Connect in order to fly all us poor provincials through the horror that is Heathrow or Gatwick before we are allowed to leave the country, the 'world's favourite airline' have effectively prevented me from getting on a one of their planes again. [/off-piste rant].

D
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
plectrum wrote:
Heathrow - rubbish, Geneva pretty depressing

Zurich - awesome, Schipnol also quite nice.

Zurich? I travel through there weekly I would not put that on a par with Schiphol . The new terminal & duty Free area lack a good range of affordable shops, resturants & facilities.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the miserable scale I would put Montreal at the top of the list, followed by Paris CDG, followed by Taipeh.
LHR isn't as bad as it's made out to be. At least there are plenty of shops, snack bars and pubs to while away the time in.
Zuerich is OK, and Schipol is OK if you like walking!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What I like about Schiphol is that they have an area with full-length loungers where you can grab a kip while waiting for your transfer after a long haul: I'll be making use of this when I get back from Japan in January.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For a big airport Schipol is pretty good but still can be a pain particularly if you are going betwen Schengen and Non-Schengen accord countries.
Have to agree it's way better than Heathrow.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Lawrie wrote:
On the miserable scale I would put Montreal at the top of the list, followed by Paris CDG, followed by Taipeh.
LHR isn't as bad as it's made out to be. At least there are plenty of shops, snack bars and pubs to while away the time in.
Zuerich is OK, and Schipol is OK if you like walking!

Never flew to Montreal. But I have trouble believing anywhere could be worse than Tokyo Narita.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have Fun, check out the Google Earth Flight Paths !

The tower sound takes awhile to connect

http://webcam.ambulancesite.nl/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When in Schiphol, check out the men's urinals (but only if you are a bloke of course Shocked ).

Each has a very realistic picture of a fly under the enamel. Apparently the idea is that blokes will be accurate with their P'ing as they try to hose it off.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote from Wikipedia regarding Schiphol airport:

"Before 1852, the Haarlemmermeer polder in which the airport lies was a large lake, in the shallow waters of which sudden violent storms could claim many ships. This indeed was the main reason for reclaiming it."

In fact in Dutch Schiphol means "Ship Hole" Madeye-Smiley . Just as well they didn't call it aarshol! wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Quote from Wikipedia regarding Schiphol airport:

"Before 1852, the Haarlemmermeer polder in which the airport lies was a large lake, in the shallow waters of which sudden violent storms could claim many ships. This indeed was the main reason for reclaiming it."

In fact in Dutch Schiphol means "Ship Hole" Madeye-Smiley . Just as well they didn't call it aarshol! wink

"Ship hole " lies many spanish ships (even now) that were defeated in the war between Holland & Spain . That is how the name came about.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nick L wrote:
When in Schiphol, check out the men's urinals (but only if you are a bloke of course Shocked ).

Each has a very realistic picture of a fly under the enamel. Apparently the idea is that blokes will be accurate with their P'ing as they try to hose it off.

Wrong .

Its cost saving.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy