Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train to the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am going to Klosters in March and will be taking the train to the alps for the first time. I plan to take the eurostar to Paris, then the TGV to Zurich, has anybody here done this before? If so i'd be keen to hear how the journey is, now that the eurostar and TGV are running faster its a much more realistic option.

Thanks,

Alex
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alex, not done your exact trip, but have gone by TGV to Brig via Lausanne on the way to Saas Fee.
Its a doddle and great fun.
The trains are clean and tidy, and run on time.
Second class is fine, but if you book early enough the small extra for first class is woth it.
You get breakfast on the Eurostar (or lunch, or dinner depending when you go) and a power point for your computer. No internet access yet Toofy Grin .
Station for Zurich is probably Gare de l'Est, which is easy transfer: a 10 minute walk or one stop on the metro.
The TGV will leave exactly on time - do not be late!
Usual etiquette is only use your mobile phone in the section between carriages so not disturbing other passangers in the carriage.
There is a buffet car, but I usually pick up a sandwich and drink from a booth on the station.

Other useful information:
The Man in Seat Sixty-One: absolutely brilliant site. If you have a specific query email Mark at query@seat61.com. He always answers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alex,

Again, not this exact trip but I did Eurostar to Paris which is what it is...and then TGV to Switzerland via Bern, and then local trains. You would think 4 changes would be a hassle but continental trains make it relatively pleasant and a miles better than most UK trains.

1st class TGV is worth the extra IMV.

I am planning all my trips via train this year, you just need to get to grips with the booking engines. Someone on here suggested it is easier to use SBB for the bookings from Paris.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alex, keen to hear your report on the journey. I'm doing a far more standard trip out to Moutiers in April
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy