Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000 - ski school recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi to you all,

Wonder if you can help me please - we have a group staying in Les Arcs 2000 in Feb next year - we're a real mixed bag in terms of abilities from Muppet to very good... we need to sort out a ski school for those of us who are less capable - can anyone recommend any good english speaking ski school in the Arc 2000 area please?

Many thanks for your help!
Helen
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HelenM, Welcome to snowHead

The only one I can think of which I think covers the area is New Generation, however I know there are others and I'm sure someone will be along shortly with further details
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HelenM, I think the only ski school in Arc 2000 is the ESF school. If this isn't what you are looking for you could try Spirit 1950 (they have a good reputation and I think all their instructors speak good English, some natively) just down the hill in Arc 1950.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spirit 1950 will meet you at Arc 2000, i would highly recommend them
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all, most kind! I've been recommended Spirit 1950 elsewhere too, so will give them a quick call

Really appreciate the advice (and any thoughts anyone else may have too in case they are fully booked)

Helen
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Although the 'nouveau' ski schools always seem to be mentioned in response to this type of query, we've had great ski lessons for ourselves and now our children with ESF over many years - many of these in Les Arcs, though not Arc 2000. Our children were brilliantly taught via the 'ski evolutif' method in Arc 1800 and have also had great lessons in Arc 1600. Sure occasionally they may not exclusively be taught in English (you might get a mixed language group, but you should get an instructor who speaks decent English if that's what you request). But it's a real French experience with mostly excellent teachers. If you value this, I wouldn't rule out doing as the locals do and using ESF. Book online at www.vente-en-ligne-esf.com/arcs2000
Paul
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HelenM, be aware that all but the first week in Feb is peak French school holiday time, so best book early. I have no big problem with ESF but you can end up in a very big group, especially at peak times. I found that lessons in a big, mainly French speaking, group were good fun, and good for my French, but didn't do much for my skiing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

Cheers for that. Have emailed Spirit 1950 and will get in touch with ESF as well.

We're going the last week in Feb, so should avoid all potential school holiday horrors (I hope!)

Cheers
Helen
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello,

Sorry to be a pest, but of those who recommended Spirit 1950, do you have any contact details? I emailed the address on their website a few days ago and have heard nothing back?

Cheers
Helen
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HelenM wrote:
Hello,

Sorry to be a pest, but of those who recommended Spirit 1950, do you have any contact details? I emailed the address on their website a few days ago and have heard nothing back?

Cheers
Helen

Early in year for them, don't be surprised if there is no one there, but give them a call snowHead

http://www.spirit1950.com/winter_2/homepage.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another vote for Spirit 1950 from me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy