Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quietest time to visit Milton Keynes Xscape

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wanted to get a bit of practice in before my first ski holiday, and was thinking of heading up to Milton Keynes.

I've only been once before - it was a Saturday morning and I seemed to spend the entire morning waiting in line for the single lift that was operating that day rolling eyes

I'm happy to take a day off work (any excuse wink ) - and wondered which day/time of the week will be quietest?

Any advice would be happily received!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always go for a 2 hour session at the weekend, but start at 9:00 - it's worth getting up early and you usually get about 90 minutes of stress free skiing.

Otherwise I'd get mid morning in the week
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are over 40, theres a 2 hour session on a Tuesday morning - 10.00 till 12.00, which is quiet, and comes with an instructor (its not a formal lesson - you can do your own thing if you want) and coffee for £25.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you seen on "Snow Events" forum, some of us are going on Friday?
You have to avoid weekends and later in the afternoon when kids start to invade (some I think go in the afternoon in school groups!) Certainly weekday mornings or lunchtime are best, or very late in the evening (after an early dinner perhaps) can be OK too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, unfortunately can't do Friday.

A midweek morning sounds like a plan.

mikeh, unfortunately I'm 30 so Tuesday morning is probably out. Would have been nice to get a bit of tuition though - especially considering the prices Xscape charge for lessons!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for "as soon as it opens"

I've actually found first thing Sunday is pretty quiet
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jonflat2, wrote,
Quote:

mikeh, unfortunately I'm 30

Unfortunately I'm not!!

Fortunately I don't qualify for the cheap Tuesday morning session,... YET!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jonflat2, check it out with the link. Fresh trax every Mon, Tues and Wed 3 hiurs for £29, 9.00 till 12.

http://www.xscape.co.uk/snow/milton-keynes/whats-inside/snowslope/activities-and-prices/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Doesn't MK's Freshtrax include casual instruction? At Castleford you get an instructor available for over 50s Monday mornings, Ladies on Tues mornings, and anyone on Weds mornings but it is not very well advertised that this is the case.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NewSkier wrote:
Doesn't MK's Freshtrax include casual instruction? At Castleford you get an instructor available for over 50s Monday mornings, Ladies on Tues mornings, and anyone on Weds mornings but it is not very well advertised that this is the case.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that there are instructors available for hints & tips during the Wednesday Freshtrax session at MK. That was the impression I got during the Dawn Chorus Lunch 'n' Slide in August, anyway! Although, as Newskier says, they don't seem too keen to advertise the fact...

jonflat2, let me know when you're thinking of going - I live in MK so I'll come & say hi if I'm around snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy