Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix lift pass question ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all,
Well the season is fast approaching and the excitement mounting fo my X-mas break in Chamonix, Well Argentiere actually Embarassed I'm staying in the Hotel Les Grands Montets and the holiday company is organising lift passes Chamonix Le pass 6 days for £135. The thing is, on looking at hotel website the lift next to it appears to be the Grand Montets Telepherique ? I understand that the "Chamonix Le pass" doesn't allow you to use it Puzzled am I missing something here? is there another lift close to the hotel (walking distance!) which allows access into the Chamonix Ski domain? The holiday company state that the other pass "Chamonix Mont Blanc Unlimited pass " is a waste of money ??? Anyone have any opinions /advice please ? Thank you.

Rgds

Rich
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le Pass allows you up Grands Montets except "top tickets" the highest cable car for which you pay a supplement. Unless you're an extremo dude you may not have much need for this anyway. The unlimted pass includes this & aiguille du midi.

La Balme/Le Tour is alos near Argentiere and on Le pass.
latest report
 brian
brian
Type23, it's just the top section of the GM cable car you can't use with the cheaper one. The other big differences are the Unlimited pass includes the Aiguille du Midi and Les Houches, as shown on this map:

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/plans_chamonix.php?langue=2
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks fatbob/all that's really the clarification I was looking for !!knew there would be a helpful person/s on here !

Rgds

Rich Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/index.php
All your answers are here.
The Le Pass covers all the GM lifts except the top section of the cable car, which you can still use at a supplement (10euro i think) but it may well not be running. Personally i would buy in resort, see what is open, last year most things were shut and they were selling half price day tickets. The downside is that there might be queues at xmas.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Type23, "waste of money" is perhaps a little judgemental. (and wrong in my judgement e.g. for my own requirements).

6 days Le Pass = €185 while MBU = €225.

If you want to do the Vallee Blanche (although that's probably unlikely at Christmas) you'd need to pay an additional €46 (or €37 maybe, difficult to tell form the website). If you want to ski Les Houches (e.g. if the weather's bad, for a change, for a decent lunch) you're out €30. So, if you had a VB and a Les Houches day, the MBU saves you something of the order of €36. And if you throw in a Courmayeur day, that's another €41.

As I say, that's predictated on you wanting to ski outside of the "Le Pass" area.

Oh - and if you're a family, 2 adults + 1st child = €462 and €562.50 respectively, saving a little more. Tour operators may not think or want (it might interfere with any commission arrangements they might have in place) to do this .

I'm not saying you should buy an MBU pass, just that it's not necessarily "a waste of money".
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Type23, The last time I was in Chamonix (4years ago?) the top ticket was 5 Euros and I think it got you two trips. If you are able then I'd recommend doing this and you don't have to be an extreme skier to get down the run. Have fun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy