Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement for Espace Olympique Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
French super resorts launch 'XXL Pass'

12 of the best known ski resorts in France have launched a new lift ticket option this winter, the XXL Pass. The new ticket option is available to holders of lift passes valid five days or more from resorts in three of the world’s largest ski areas – 3 Valleys, Paradiski and Espace Killy.

Pass holders pay 10 Euros per day to be able to use their ticket from one of the three regions in one of the other two. Resorts participating include Courchevel, Meribel, La Plagne, La Tania, Les Arcs, Les Menuires, Meribel, St Martin de Belleville, Tignes, Val d'Isere and Val Thorens.
The pass replaces the under-publicised and slightly more complicated Espace Olympique pass which was launched after the 1992 and provides access to more than 1,310km (770 miles) of piste.

Copied from Skiinfo .com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had an espace Olympique when I did my season - bloody good value!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes you used to get 2 free to Espace Killy -Trois Vallees Les Saises and Pralogon but the lift pass offices looked at you as though you had 2 heads maybe this will be easier
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh dear! They made me ski one end of Paradiski and back in a day to see if we could Toofy Grin (yes we can)
I can hear them now, "lets see how many resorts we can ski in a day" rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, I have wondered about doing your trip: Montalbert to Villaroger and back.
How long did it take? And do you think it would make a good race?
We could even have a snowheads league table for this . . . . snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have skied Villaroger to Montalbert and back in a day....was back in time for several Mutzig's before dinner
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It takes about 3 hours over and 2 1/2 back what do you sayboredsurfin, and a race league would be great fun
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
redrunmarcus, Jonpim, Restaurant receipts from each end as proof! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have also done Montalbert to top of the Transarc and back to Trappeurs for Lunch at 1.00pm Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, Yea I can live with that one ...as long as we exclude Giles... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
redrunmarcus, Quite! but we can include Rosario who is going to ski again this season after a break of 5 years Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes so I understand ..have they sold the restaurant?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
redrunmarcus, Yep, so every Sunday off! La Arome in Aime opens next week, and very nice it looks too. The current plan is to open every lunchtime except Sunday and each Thursday Friday Saturday night.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds great will have to pop in on the way up in Jan ...do you know who bought it?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redrunmarcus, Rosario said it is a Single Lady with lots of Hotel/Restaurant experience, she is planning to leave it the same for the coming season. Very Happy
latest report
French or English?
snow report
redrunmarcus, French.
snow report
OK thanks for the info I am going to try to have a Montalbert thread for this season Cool so perhaps times for the great Villaroger treck can be posted ---must be from top of Aguile Rouge Laughing

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 6-11-07 11:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
redrunmarcus, Surely from the carpark in Villaroger?
ski holidays
Guvnor, sorry meant the route must be via the black/red from the top of Aguile Rouge to ensure all use the sameish route
snow report
redrunmarcus, Agree with that bit, but surely the day starts in the carpark, up to 2000, across the whole area, lunch in Montalbeert, then return, then up to the top of the Aiguille Rouge for the return blast back to the car?

(Assuming you are starting in Villaroger of course)
snow conditions
Thats fine I am in Montalbert so we could start in the carpark- I think the idea or the restaurants was to get timed till receipts to prove the times
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, In which case you'd need to head down to a restaurant towards the bottom of the Aiguille Rouge anyway....
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Ski's versus car on a February saturday could be an interesting result Laughing
snow report
redrunmarcus, boredsurfin, Guvnor, count me in please. Have done said route with Chris so we did it pretty dam quick!

Woman who now owns Trappeurs used to have restaurant in Les Arcs but not sure where
latest report
Mouth, We'll have to practice over Xmas and New Year! Whilst some Lytham folk will still be in the UK working wink Very Happy
snow conditions
boredsurfin, yep on my new board. Poor redrunmarcus, we will be thinking of you and see yuo when?
snow report
Am over in mid-December, so I guess the conditions might not be suitable, but if there is grass on the wicket, lets play cricket.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will be out onthe 2nd of Jan back on 26 mar snowHead Smile Laughing so I will catch up on the practice
will be transfering on sats but yes in Feb I reckon the ski/board would win
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy