Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSB ski tests 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok more scores on the doors:

Skis tested

Fischer RC4 Progressive - Think I was done here - suspect it was a ski treding off the race ski name but a detuned compromise version

Volkl Mantra - mid fat

Head Supershape Magnum - piste carver

Volkl Racetiger RC - See RC4 description above

K2 World Piste - skinny ass tele ski

I have rated them by all the important criteria addressing the testing environment at PSB.

Ability to dump me on my back bottom first run - Two clear winners here the RC4s and the Heads. The others disppointingly failed to achieve this on any runs.

Ability to snide past Italians and race brats in the lift queue - The Mantra being a big chunk of lard lost most points here for lift queue nimbleness. The surprise winner was the World Piste - the amazing summer of loves graphics job obviously offended the neon race stripe or gangsta gunz 'n hos tastes of mosts of the other skiers giving me a opportunity to sneak past.

Abilty to carry someone else who insists on standing on your ski while riding the T bar - Mantras gave a wide platform for this and the titanium topsheet ensured that the ski could bear the weight of the little git.

Oh shoiteability -the measure of how confident you feel on the special blue translucent snow* - actually none of them were too bad on that score.
(* Caution may not actually contain snow)

Steeze - none of them scored any points here. The"Cinquante Centime" wannabes littering the hill & the town wouldn't be seen dead on them. Even the Mantra despite having a big f'off sword on it was a sensible shape with only a small twin tip.

In summary -

On piste only - Head supershapes
If you don't have a lycra fetish - Mantras
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob,

I notice the Mantras are 2mm wider this year.....and the 05-07 versions (94mm) were very manageable for that size. I don't like planky skis and thought they were great. I wonder if they have changed the ski entirely... Looking at the pics in Falliner, they are of last years ski....?? and I assume that is a proofing type error... Confused now..!!!

If they can handle the PSB conditions they will do all round..!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT,

They were white with the sword and a bit of grey metal showing through. Nice skis though the Black Crows wot I didn't test did look the business.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob,

That is this years ski, of course.

I have skied the last two years ski..determined by the graphics..
Red for 07 and a dark greeney graphic for 05..

did you think you over-powered them..?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT, Nope but then as you know I'm a total finesse skier wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy