Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2007-2008

Poster: A snowHead
Snow Reports For Serre Chevalier ski area.
Previous thread went adrift so....

Mrs SM and I plan to pop over for a long w/end before / over Christmas - we can go last minute so -

Any snow yet in SC?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shockingmoment, none at the moment.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colder weather (-8 this morning) and snow expected, the management have switched on all the snow canons.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shockingmoment, your post is now in resorts as it wasn't snow related.

there is another post, that i posted, with regard to snow.

can someone make it so we dont have two serre che posts in this section please, delete one or the other
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And in Monetier too..........

http://www.esf-serrechevalier1500.com/pratique/webcam_jour.php?foto=2007111308300001
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks bloody cold!

Come on the snow!

snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chris,

Nice view... wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, cheers, we could do with a lot more white, though. See you in March. Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris, Envious of view which village are you in

Dan
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dan100, it's a tiny (ex mining) village called Le Serre Barbin between La Salle and Monetier. Population of less than 100. The view is of Le Bez and in the distance Le Casse du boeuf piste. Come and take a look when you are here.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It looks very beautiful. really looking forward to a trip to france outside of the so called mega resorts -you've probably picked up I'm staying in le Bez pretty close to the foot of the piste. I guess your picture shows a pretty good view
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dan100, Le Bez is a lovely village and the locals are known as 'Gelee Tetes' on account of the lack of sunshine (the mountain obscures the sun) in winter! It'll be ok by March thiugh. The piste on the right (in the photo) being 'cannoned' is the easier way down to the village. If you need any info, PM me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi chris,

hope all is well.

I will give you a call in Mar as you know we are bound to get over for a day or so.

Hi to Lin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT, that will be great.
A welcome view this morning.
latest report
yep we have a rather nice covering and i have 2 very excited children!!!!

more due today and thursday Very Happy
latest report
chris, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
chris, verry nice photo indeed mon amis. Ow is ze piste of my name?

Luc
snow report
The southern alps have a decent covering at last. is there much snow in Briancon on the lower slopes? and do you know how many cm have fallen in the area?
ski holidays
Luc, good to hear from you. Your piste, like yourself has an ample covering, (no offence intended M (I assume)). wink You coming back here from tax exile this season?
snow conditions
Christopher, my son just came back from the lauteret where it is knee high.
Here at 1400m it is 10cm
in Briancon there was about 3-4cm but it is still snowing and more is due tomorrow.
ski holidays
Just started snowing here at 1400m

get in! Very Happy
snow conditions
has serre che got a good coating already? when is serre che opening?

hopefully then it'll start in Montgenevre soon. The cloud cover is closing in, snow is needed. Only 5 weeks now.

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/mtgenevre/interface.php?pk_interface=56&m=images&r=panoramique&pk_pano=6818
snow report
snowangel., I hope this is now THE official SC snow report thread Very Happy
snow conditions
rayscoops, well the other one was official till someone started this one! LOL I just used the first one i came to! Very Happy Lets just hope the snow keeps coming! Very Happy
snow report
Christopher, we open the 15th dec. its not ridable at the moment unless you like riding rocks. The lautaret was rideable but is still white but not so thick now.
after the next few days i'm pretty sure the whole lot will be ok, maybe not so good at valley level but anything above 1500m should be ok (which is valley level at monetier) Will keep you posted
ski holidays
Montgenevre (being next door) is opening 2 weeks early now. Meant to be the 7th December but it is now the 24th November.

Has it snowed in the area today? the webcams just show fog.
ski holidays
Christopher, really? Marvellous - I start work there on Nov 28. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
Christopher, really? Marvellous - I start work there on Nov 28. Very Happy

GRRRRRRRRRRR, god im envious

where you working?
snow report
The Rois Mages. Only there for 10 days or so, back to 2Alpes after that.
ski holidays
We're dropping in for the New Year. Looking forward to it immensely - only made it as far south as La Grave before now. I'll have to work out where we're staying. Anyone know of good creche facilities?
ski holidays
fallliner, there is creche facilities in all the villages but i can only vouch for the one in Chantemerle.
Martine is lovely and speaks english. Winter (my daughter) learnt her first french there and still goes there for the odd day or so.
the Garderie is just by the little kiddies ski hut, under the stairs to the Serre d'aigle.
If your coming peak times you would need to book.
latest report
Lizzard, will give you a pm if we head up there when we're back. I'd like to get out on my board as soon as i can, but i have a holiday in morocco to get through first.
Also if you hear of anyone looking for a seasonal studio in 2 alpes, let me know wink
ski holidays
snowangel., you are minutes too late I'm afraid - my friends have just let one. Sorry! If I hear of any others I'll let you know.
ski holidays
snowangel., many thanks - is it the one at the foot of the slope? This is passed on knowledge from the folk I'm going with and here's the link www.esf-serrechevalier.com/esf1350/english/gardarie_uk.htm
snow report
Er, which doesn't seem to work - any ideas where I could sign up?
latest report
fallliner wrote:
Er, which doesn't seem to work - any ideas where I could sign up?

IF you look on www.serrche.com website they have details of the creches in each village but I can't vouch for any of them
latest report
dan100,

Cheers - shall do
snow report
chris wrote:
Luc, good to hear from you. Your piste, like yourself has an ample covering, (no offence intended M (I assume)). wink You coming back here from tax exile this season?

chris ope springs eeeternal but when you're stuck in zee meeddle of a desert getting "ome" can seem an up'ill struggle. Could you send me sum of my brozzer's excellent beeer as a reminder of ze pleasant 'ills of ome. Merci mon amis.
snow report
Lizzard, no i have one for let from the 28th dec, next to the swiming pool Very Happy (see what happends when they take me to a ski resort and tell me i cant ride! 0- the boy wants me to go to mammoth and not ride!LOL)
fallliner, yes at the bottom of the sloap in chantemerle,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy