Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

America

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and 3 friends would like to go to the USA skiing for a week any ideas people? I know it will be a long flight but the less time in the Air the better.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well there is no Concorde to address the time in the air problem.

Not worth crossing the Atlantic to ski the East in my view ( says he, never having skied the East ).

Denver is a direct flight. San Francisco is a direct flight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MFC, You can minimise the air time by going to East Coast resorts eg Stowe or Killington in Vermont, White Mountains of New Hamshire, all easy to get to from Boston. However, whilst the skiing is enjoyable there, the snow conditions are not as good as out West in the Rockies (Colorado or Utah), and if it's your first time skiing in the US I would recommend accepting the inconvenience of the longer flight time to fly to Denver, Salt Lake City or San Francisco (for Lake Tahoe resorts).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MFC, I went to Whistler for a week last December, and in hindsight I really wouldn't recommend it. Go for two weeks, or at least ten days, and it'll make it much more worthwhile. For a week, the jetlag in both directions is miserable, just as you get over it whilst you're out there, it's time to come back.

This is all in my opinion of course.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MFC, I guess if you're prone to jetlag, then as Kramer says, Whistler might not be great. I don't get jetlag too badly (I think that, at the start of the holiday, you quickly feel well just being outside/on skis, worse on the way back admittedly) but the great advantage of Whistler is not only a direct flight, but also a short transfer time to the resort. If you can only manage a week, I think it would be good to try and avoid, if possible, a long resort transfer on top of the long flight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Denver is only 7 hours time difference, isn't it? It doesn't take all week to get over the jet lag. Besides, what's so bad about falling to sleep right after dinner time? Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
10 days is a good minimum to go IMHO. If you are crossing the Atlantic, do go all the way to the Rockies. Just don't expect to party too hard for the first few days.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go by boat?

Sorry I'll get my coat.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
After 3 years of 20+ hour bus journeys out to the Alps with the uni the thought of the 10 odd hours on a plane to Vancover dosnt seem to worry me that much.
I guess if your not affected badly by jetlag then the Western resorts would definatly be worth the extra time on the plane, but having skiied East Coast when I was younger I cant think of a single reason to go there rather than the Alps
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've always gone to Colorado for 10 days min, but I've never had any problems with the Jet Lag. It was just like having a very late night!

Coming back was the killer

Oh and I haven't been for 10 years and was younger then rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I agree; if you're going to cross the Atlantic, fly a few more hours and ski out west.
If you want plenty of sunshine and plenty of cold, dry powder snow, Colorado or Utah are your best bets.
MFC, I notice you're in Lancashire. From Manchester, you might be able to fly one-stop to Denver with United, or one-stop to Salt Lake City with Delta.
The only nonstop flight to Denver from the UK is from Heathrow (BA) and I don't think there are any nonstop flights to Salt Lake City.
I know you initially asked about the USA, but you might want to consider Canada. I think Zoom fly nonstop from Manchester to Calgary and Vancouver.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Martin Bell, you're right - no non-stop flights to SLC, unfortunately.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flying west is bearable.. you want to go to bed early n get up early (no bad thing when you sking, unless it 3 am of course).. its also easier to get used to quickly a day or two should see you getting close to west coast time.. coming back your f..ked. Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excluding a stop-off for 45 mins or so in Belfast, Zoom fly direct to Vancouver from Cardiff. Not sure I'd recommend Whistler for a week though as it took me about that to get myself back together. Oddly, no jet-lag on the return trip.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've done Banff for a week loads of times, on your first night of arrival, prime 2 bottles of mountain due, the caffeine keeps you going and knocks out the jetlag! Works when heading to Aus aswell which is a killer..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy