Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to get to/from Val di Fassa, Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'll be travelling from Australia to Venice, then hopefully on to Canazei (Val di Fassa, Italy). I'd like to leave Venice early to get up there in time to snowboard the same day. The only problem is the buses I've found take nearly all day to get there. Also I can't read Italian, which is most websites.

Anyone know about transfers from Venice to Val di Fassa that a quick and leave early enough to snowboard that day? What about taking a train to Trento or Bolzano then catching a bus? I want to travel on Saturday 5 January.

Thanks!! Lynita
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
About 2.5 hour journey. There are bus transfers I think, do not have information at hand but will try and get it for you. We took a taxi door to door.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Roy Thanks for your quick reply ! I beleive it's 2.5h by car but 5h by bus. How much did a taxi cost? I've looked at car hire, but it's very expensive for a car that will be in a carpark most of the week. I look forward to anymore info you find out. Ta - Lynita
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
canazei.com they have airport transfer page. Although we booked out entire taxi for our group, those mentioned sell the "seat". Go for shared taxi should be quite a bit cheaper. The only problem with a shared taxi is that you cant book it until about 2 weeks before departure. Obviously they need to pool resources from other companies and see who wants to go where and what time etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers Roy, shall let you know what I find, I hadn't stumbled across that site yet. Update: the only options I could find were personal transfers that were around EUR300. The shared option, I guess won't be available til I am already travelling.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lynita, By the way a fantastic area. When trying to describe the area to friends here, I say it is like skiing around Ayres rock. Stunning scenery, although the area is not meant to be challenging I am sure you can find everything that you could want on the slippery stuff. Not sure about nightlife etc in Canazei as we stayed in Selva. Have fun.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers, I just hope I can get there for under EUR300!! I GoogleEarthed the road thru the alps and have ruled out trying to drive thru alps in winter on the wrong side of the road, with a foreign language and strange car. Add impatient locals to the mix. Think that'd be a deathwish. Pics look AMAZING! If you have any more info, I'll be sure to look into it. Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i think you'd better rent a car for a day...it,s about 2-3 hours...with train and bus i think you'll waste a lot of time....
if it's possible don't travel on saturday..it,s the day you find more traffic on the way to the mountains in Italy...any other is better!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks tilotti. I did hire a car now. it means i get 2 more days on the snow. it's not possible for me to travel on any other day except Saturday to the snow. My plan was to leave as early as possible, maybe even 6am and try to drive while the roads were still quiet. I hope this plan works.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lynita, Where did you get the 300 Euro price. I'm looking at a private transfer from Venice to Selva.

TIA

Andy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy