Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it worth a little warm up before you board?

Poster: A snowHead
Another little gem from Bend ze Knees http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31181

YES !

I get warmth from the flame when i light me fag snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You don't need to warm up if you board. All the preparation for your day can be done by sitting down to strap in. That way your bum gets acclimatised to the cold wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sadly I noticed last year that yes I do need to swing my knees around a bit and spin the arms in the air before I set off. I guess age is catching up with me Sad

Don't skiers get all their warming up by picking their sticks up all the time? I know certain MSBers got their warm up by sitting on the train to eigergletcher, there is a perfectly good T bar to get up there . NehNeh

Quote:

sitting down to strap in

Oh dear, sitting down to strap in is like having L plates strapped to your back Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab wrote:
Oh dear, sitting down to strap in is like having L plates strapped to your back Smile

Yup. That's my level on a board snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
But strapping in standing up will put the fear into all the other beginners, even if you're not that good, pretend you are. That's what I always say. Then you can take it to strapping in on the move after skating for a bit, or even don't strap in, now that's cool Laughing I go with one foot from Scheidegg to the wixi bridge, it's just not worth to strap in if the snow is slow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
debbi wrote:
I get warmth from the flame when i light me fag snowHead

Might have to take smoking up again come the third week of March!! Smile

stab wrote:
But strapping in standing up will put the fear into all the other beginners, even if you're not that good, pretend you are. That's what I always say. Then you can take it to strapping in on the move after skating for a bit, or even don't strap in, now that's cool Laughing I go with one foot from Scheidegg to the wixi bridge, it's just not worth to strap in if the snow is slow.

Ahhh, the beauty of Flows, where you can skate around safe int he knowledge that with a quick pull of the highback you're locked in. None of this threading bits through buckles mallarky!! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
debbi, It is said that copying is the sincerest form of flattery NehNeh

's funny since you boarders started taking on the skiers I've started to visit this thread more and more - I think you're all out to attract our attention - there's obviously not enough action here without us wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, its all in jest to while away the boring pointless hours till the white fluffy stuff arrives Razz
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I vote we all chip in at the EOSB and buy Megamum a snowboard lesson, whaddya reckon Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier, bloomin good idea Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
debbi, I know it is Very Happy

Funnily enough I was going to see if I could have a go (though it still looks terrifying!) - at that event I'm sure there's the opportunity to do all sorts of stuff. I used to ride a skateboard many many years ago!! Cool I fully believe that you shouldn't really criticise (properly) what you have never tried.

Oh, dear could this be a slippery slope to the dark side.............good job I can't fit a snowboard on the roof with with the top box!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, i'm sure there's a hire board with you name on it wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
debbi, Maybe I'll find some Dutch courage and go look for it whilst I'm there. Thinking about it I did once also have a windsurfing lesson as well
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, why snowboard when you can stick a pair of twin tips on and have more fun...hey you are more likely to do yourself a lower body season ending injury whilst f*nnying around on twin tips than slidding about on a board.. worst that can happen on a board at my level of incompetance is a broken wrist and a severe dent to my fragile male ego... Laughing

...when I board - only on Freaky Five Dollar Friday night skiing/boarding I`m always a little confused.... can`t decide whether I look cooler walking along pretending I`m an astronaut with groovy space boots... or if I should try and slamdunk a snowball down a drain pipe because they feel like Nike Air Jordans.... rolling eyes Puzzled

Oh ... point and turn.. point and turn... point and turn.. yeah baby.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, for God's sake woman, you ride horses and motorbikes. We're not fooled by this girly 'ooh I'm so scared of everything in life' rubbish. Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, Damn........sussed me!! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy