Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A missed opportunity?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think it's a shame that there haven't been more direct responses from SCGB officials in response to some of the points made on the forum. Have there been any at all, in fact, in recent months? As a non-member (of the Ski Club) and someone who didn't frequent its forum before the rule change, I have no axe to grind. Yet it seems like the SCGB has missed the chance to set the record straight, and communicate directly with a rapidly growing body of recreational snow sports practitioners and potential SCGB members, here on snowHeads. A number of valid points have been made, and if there is no substance to criticisms, or if there are perfectly good answers to the questions that have been left hanging in the air, why the silence?

I would have appreciated hearing the opposing viewpoint. It's rather left me with the impression that the Ski Club management doesn't consider the opinions of skiers here on snowHeads to be worthy of its attention. This does rather reinforce the 'exclusive club' criticism. I know the occasional rep has dropped by to express views, but I was hoping to hear the official position from the powers-that-be.

SnowHeads is well on its way to a membership running into the thousands. Many times that number will visit the forum as guests. A missed opportunity by the SCGB?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A couple of members of SCGB council have started using the members only forum there, and so has the editor of Ski and Board, which represents progress. Discusson forums do not seem to be seen as a formal communication channel.

But you could ask yourself "How many other commercial organisations enter into "uncontrolled" public discussion when they don't have to?"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian, there are a few here.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax, Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David, aren't you a one man band rather than an organisation? snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian, I'm pleased to say we're a family business.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy