Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All

I am trying to figure out the best way to zermatt leaving on 22nd of dec at around 0900

I don't see the point of a car so public transport is best for me and the G/F

is there a swiss version of Alta bus?

I have checked out swiss rail and although there is a good time train the website will not let me book it

I am using http://fahrplan.sbb.ch

Also is there a train station at the airport or do I need to bus into town first I have never been to Geneva so don't really have much of a clue

Cheers for the help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ajbaldwin, you can get a train from the airport and change at Visp for the last leg to Zermatt. Four hour journey time.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
ajbaldwin, at that time of day, the train is easily your best bet. There is a train station at the airport and all trains to the Valais leave from it. You want a train heading for Brig, get off at Visp and change to the Zermatt train.

Cheapest return ticket will be the Swiss transfer ticket, valid for a return journey made within month from your entry into Switzerland to any resort. You can buy them here:

http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/ticketverkauf_en.php
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok cheers for the advise
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ajbaldwin,

As brian says, it doesn't get much easier
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just remember that you can't buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket in Switzerland, you have to order in advance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajbaldwin wrote:
Ok cheers for the advise

AJbaldwin, my brother Charlatanefc, is doing the same journey that morning. He's travelling into Geneva on the Easyjet flight, 1st one, from Liverpool.
Contact him if you are travelling alone.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arlberg wrote:
AJbaldwin, my brother Charlatanefc, is doing the same journey that morning. He's travelling into Geneva on the Easyjet flight, 1st one, from Liverpool.
Watch out for him if travelling alone, and ensure your wallet is secure.

wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy