Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

historical snow data

Poster: A snowHead
hi all

does anybody know where i can find a good historical snow record? due to various factors im probably not going to be able to get away until w/c 15th march. havig never been away that late before im a little nervous about what conditions are going to be like. can you imagine watching the seaosn go by and then when you get away its too late and youve missed the snow!!

we're seriously considering davos or st anton again after have such great time there over the last two seasons - but if for reasons of possible poor snow at that time of year then im open to suggestions!

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/historical/default.asp
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Latchigo - thanks for that. unfortunately i dont fancy paying join up to skiclub (is that tight of me?!?Happy to get the older records and last year was a bit of weird season so its difficult to judge
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
frostie1861, errr,

1. that's not late

2. Snow depth is not particularly illuminating...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been to St Anton end of March, and there was stacks of the stuff. I guess that applys to most places then though. . .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
david murdoch - yeah i guess its not really late - im just being super nerdy about it. and agreed that snow depth isnt the best barometer, knowing the average snow fall would be good though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am led to believe that skiing is more of a spring winter sport than a winter spring sport! Those of us going at christmas have been conned by devilish marketing by tour operators. wink

You, my friend are going at the right time! snowHead

If you want really old reports buy the snow forecast calendar and they give you six months membership.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 2-11-07 14:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
frostie1861, i'd join the ski club, i made back my £18 joining fee through the discounts alone, well worth it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cheers for that Rossfra8 - i'll look in to it
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
frostie1861, Iglu give historical snow data on their site....not as good as the Ski Club stuff because they're just lists of numbers but it's free!! Don't forget to go there via the link through snowHeads so that admin gets a referral fee!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

ostie1861, i'd join the ski club, i made back my £18 joining fee through the discounts alone, well worth it!

Given that Frostie was born in 1861 i dont think he'll qualify for an under 24 membership!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmmph, checked the little snow forecast the ski club has; snow forecasted for neustift wiht freezing level of 2300m... Looks like another dusting for the glaciers Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
frostie1861, Mid march is not late season for most resorts. I've skied St Anton up until late april and there was heaps and heaps of snow. Indeed late march / early april is when there is most snow depth higher up for the whole season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos wrote:
frostie1861, Mid march is not late season for most resorts. I've skied St Anton up until late april and there was heaps and heaps of snow. Indeed late march / early april is when there is most snow depth higher up for the whole season.

Shh don't tell everyone, let's keep it to ourselves and keep the hordes going at half term.....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On a vaguely related note, does anyone know of a source of historical data showing percentages of runs open in different resorts. Might make more illuminating reading than just looking at snow depths?
ski holidays
ctskifam, they are all open.. its just that the green ones are a bit slow
latest report
frostie1861,

My own experience is that if going from mid march onwards it is well worth going somewhere with a decent amount of north facing skiing and a reasonable altitude as whatever the depths you can often get a warm spell at this time that make some of the sunny slopes particularly prone to slush.
The other alternative is just to book late but next year you might run into availability problems due to Easter.
snow report
T Bar, What's wrong with slush, next best thing to powder Blush . Makes bumps so much fun (translate easier).

Agree north facing slopes will be more snowsure this time of year.
snow conditions
frostie1861, as Mattmulkeen points out above: it is those going out for Xmas and New Year that need to worry - not you.
The real skiing season has been moving steadily later for years. It now starts the end of January and finishes the beginning of May.
latest report
waynos,
Don't disagree with you slush is fine and you have to expect to ski it late season, but I don't like skiing exculsively slush in the afternoon and ice in the morning Puzzled
snow report
Never had poor snow at New Year yet, although was cutting a bit fine last year at tignes, snow was great on arrival, but 16C in December, so glad it turned cold and dumped on us.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy