Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi B78 - the new B2?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any idea if the new Bandits more or less direct replacements for the old ones, i.e B78 = B2 and B83 = B3 or are they very different?

In particular, being mainly a piste skier I find the B2s a bit to 'comfy' for my boy-racer tendencies Toofy Grin so am wondering if the B78s might be a bit livelier?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are skiing mainly on piste and like rossi, try the zenith z9's

They are livelier than the bandit range but still have width underfoot for the occasional powder day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beedeji,

If you can get the lenght right, try a Stormrider XL, or a Movement Spark. Both far outclass the B2 on piste with wicked edge grip, IMV whilst holding their own in the occasional excursion off-piste. Boy racer and B2 aren't not bed-fellows, as the Rossi is a wet ride. You'd also do far better with a Recon as at least it will reward you for your input, IME.
Last years XL was about 76mm which betrays its piste bias and the Spark is 82mm. The latter really is a class act all round the mountain.
The XL isn't shoddy either, ditto the Recon.

I don't know what the new B2 type skis are like..or the new Stormrider XXL, but I'd say you would be silly to ignore trying these skis for a B-something.
I'd also see what Volkl are doing in this category as you can't ignore their edge grip either. The AC4 ( AC40..? )looked very interesting and I have not skied a bad Volkl yet..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks. Actually, I probably asked the wrong question, should have been: I love Salomon Crossmax 12 on piste, find Rossi B2 reassuring off piste, so what's the best combi ski for me? But as there are probably about 11,973 possible answers to that I'll just keep trying different skis for now until I finally fall in love... snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Let me be the first to say it

" B78 - punter ski"

wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Movement Spark, seconded
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used the Movement Spark last season on a couple of powder days and loved them. Rest of the time my trusted Volkl's for piste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy