Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time to put all that new kit to good use...

Poster: A snowHead
In the interests of not being outdone by those twin-planked nonces elsewhere on this site, thought I'd start a thread for us boarders to find out what we've all been spending our hard earned on over the summer. Plus, it'll show just how good we are at bargain hunting Very Happy

For me it it's been a busy summer....

Flow 'The Eleven' bindings (£65)
Elan Paragon 158 (ebay bargain at a whopping £40)
Nike AC mitts (£20 TK special)
Groovestar jacket (TK again - £60)
Trespass day-glo pants (£29)
H/H Protex pants (£29)
Dakine edge tool (£10)
Tesco Value steam iron (£4.44 - waxing was never so cheap!!) Very Happy

And for the missus (because I'm not a selfish bloke Smile)...

Volcom Nimbus pants (£20 off ebay)
K2 Mix 148 board (cheap - that's all I'm saying!!)

Got some Ride boots coming next week so basically it's been a complete overhaula nd I'm still only in my virgin year!! In 10 years time I'll be having one mahoosive jumble sale methinks!! Might end up selling it all back to TK Maxx wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, Good effort although you might want to invest in another pair of gloves - even the best get a bit soggy.

The missus could do with a new board but she's stubbornly attached to her old deck so who am I to tear them apart? Let's just say it's a cross between a Crazy Creek and a Burton Fish! Being somewhat cheesed off with being upsold by sports companies I set myself a budget of zero so I can afford to go somewhere with a bit more romance. That'll be Val' D then rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought a burton AK jacket, a Ronin station jacket and a hat. Laughing
That's it. My spendathon begins on my 1st day of work, staff discount rocks Very Happy
After that I can add a Nitro MFM, a burton Feelgood, possibly K2 cinch bindings and I need trousers badly, still can't find pink ones Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I havent spent a penny as I have everything i need Evil or Very Mad
But ... I have set my eye on some wicked Burton pink pants @ £150 which i will purchase Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
saxabar, they are my back-up gloves now - bought some Salomon ones out in La Plagne and they are gash.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So far I have bought precisely Be Nice please! all.

However, soon I'll have my new board. I need to get a jacket too but can't be bothered to go in TK Maxx and fight atm.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
some gloves
some goggles
a backpack for Mr L's birthday

er .................

That's about it. I have asked for a Camelbak thingy or some Tune-ups for Chrizbit though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am saving my spending on gear for boarding until i get to Whistler in 22 weeks.. Then i will go nuts!

But in the mean time i have bought specifically for the season!

A new Digital SLR camera.. Costs.. lots..
A new handhelp sanyo xacti hd handicam

http://www.currys.co.uk:80/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1849224174.1193917253@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddmgihdhfgcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=689557&category_oid=

Not much else has been bought..

But on the horizon there will be new...
Gloves
Goggles
Board (maybe 2??!!)
Boots
Bindings
Jacket and pants

I sooo can't wait now!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seanoe wrote:
A new handhelp sanyo xacti hd handicam

how you getting on with that? I want one of those. Can you use an external lens with it,like a helmet cam?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, I bought one in Jan this year - the sports version - as it was waterproof. IT WAS CRAP !!!!!!!!
It could not cope with the white of the snow. It was grainy, wouldnt focus .. I could go on & on.
Anyway I lost it on day 2 of the second trip - i didnt even make a claim it was so CRAP.
Seanoe, I hope the HD version is better .

But I forgot .... I bought a new Canon EoS 400D DSLR for jumps etc... Its the nutskis snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, so far the camera seems ok.. I think it has a setting for bright conditions.. Not sure though how well it does with the auto focus when you are moving.. But its small and its ok for a bit of everyday use it hink. as for the helmet cam i don't think so. I did however see one that had a helmet cam that comes with it.. THink it was a panasonic or a samsung.. Will have a look to see if i can find it..

I also got the canon 400d.. It is pretty awesome, also got a small tripod for the thing.. It does awesome action shots with the multi burst.

Back soon!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Found the Samsung camcorder.. Comes with a helmet cam adaptor as well.. it was pretty cool i thought and i almost got it..

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/camcorder/miniketmovie/vp_x220lxeu.asp

Def worth a look at, and would be keen to hear what anyone else says about it!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Seanoe, the Canon rocks, only got it last weekend so have only messed around with the close ups with my cats & the garden
but have some awesome shots already ! Can't wait to use the multi burst on the Kickers !!

There are is a Digital camera mag out at the moment that is dedicated to the Canon Eos, well worth a purchase.

With regards to the Sanyo Xacti, I tried the blooming thing on every setting available, and it still didnt work with bright light Sad
I should of sent it back straight after the first trip just in case it was a fault, as it was specifically meant for sports - water & snow.
But then i lost it on the piste so that was the end of that !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well i am not too worried. It was fairly cheap. £300 there abouts. If it is crap it'll be a present for a family member or something and i'll get a better one!!

I've had canon cameras for years, but this is my first digital SLR. But it is pretty cool, have taken loads of photos on it. I took it to Greece about a month ago, and got some awesome photos of dolphins on the bow of our yact on multi burst! And of us all jumping in the water. Can't wait to get those photos of multiple images in the air!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For work I use the Nikon D80 and some fuji thing, S3 I think. Made me realise just how crap my canon powershot is, particularly noise in the blue channel Sad
ski holidays
stab, what 'work' do you do that involves a camera? you hint at a work jacket & staff discount on clothing. Are you a peeping tom ?
Snapping people inthe changing rooms Laughing Laughing
latest report
hehe, 2 different jobs, my summer job is photographer, winter job used to be absolutely nothing bar a few nights djing, that's all changed now Sad
latest report
Canon 30D with 17 - 35mm Canon/50mm f1.8 Canon/Canon 100mm macro/100 - 300mm tele/540 speedlight for work. Best kit I've ever used.

Get my new 40D delivered soon though. Can't wait to get that baby covered in muck!! Toofy Grin

Not used much Nikon stuff other than F2s at college/uni. A few freelancers I know rate them really highly, especially the D2x
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy