Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super Cheap Flights many routes with Ryanair until midnight Thurs

Poster: A snowHead
Just got an email from Ryanair advertising 50% off some flights until midnight on Thursday.
Flights from East Midlands to Grenoble all through January are 1p each way, with tax that works out at an amazing £10.99 return!
There are offers on other routes also. Liverpool is not as cheap.

Just sorry I can't take advantage. I hope some other Snowheads can. Very Happy

Edited to add:
Stansted - Turin flights are 1p each way on many dates in Jan too!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And useless luggage allowance.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With Ryanair you have to factor in the additional costs for Checking In, Luggage (per case). Paying (by any means, more for credit cards), etc. That £10.99 becomes nearly £30. Still pretty good though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Turin for £24 return is pretty tempting but (as per above) extras and cost of going to an airport further away than H'row, means I'm still better off on good old cuddly BA (who still feed you, have seats that recline, allow you to chose seat and lose your luggage with far more style)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, I don't care if the flights are free - even allowing for skis which may be carried additionally, the luggage allowance in my view is inadequate:
Ryanair wrote:
...Each passenger is permitted to check in up to a maximum of 3 bags combined weight of 15kgs...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, I agree it's a struggle on a skiing holiday to get under that. The 3 items, but no additional weight, is laughable. To check in 3 cases costs £50 Puzzled

Still better than the allowance I've got for my Zermatt trip with Inghams in January though. I've paid extra for skis (£20 I think) but am left with 15kg after that including boots.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, can't believe that the gate agents that Inghams use will check...not paid enough, nor often enough.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All just goes to prove the 2nd golden rule. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And then there is the question of the interesting recent landings by Ryanair pilots. The gossip I have heard/seen certainly points to the Orange mob as valuing and treating their pilots rather better, and there being potentially better regulation of Easyjet (registered in the UK) than Ryanair (registered in Ireland with strong links to the regulators).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
I can assure you that there is snowHead

Just looked at BA to Turin midweek in Jan = £80 (all in, nothing else to pay. Online check in, print ticket, straight to fast bag drop, bish, bash, bosh, in the bar)
Ryanair on same days = £24... but add in luggage, paying by card etc and it'll be the same price but a hideous experience and at less civilised times.

Low frills isn't the same as low cost.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What a grumpy bunch you all are! And there was I thinking I might be helping someone out. Puzzled
Oh well there's no pleasing some people. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jo66, Sorry but it was bound to get analysed to destruction. You're right... grumpy, pedantic, tight, half-witted, know-it-alls the lot of 'em. You probably have helped someone out as I got a call from someone tonight who has booked to Turin. I'll slum it with BA though. So, don't feel so bad and chip in again soon.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Bode Swiller, for making me feel a bit better!
I hope Ryanair aren't as bad as some would have it, because a party of 8 of us are going to Turin with them at Feb half term. The flights were pretty reasonable in comparison to others the same weekend and have made it more affordable to have a ski holiday at that time. When you can't take the kids out of school you are left with little option than to seek the best price and not worry too much about the lack of frills. And travel light of course! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jo66, I'm sure you were. And it's always worth posting such things, they're not always completely visible...! I think though that the travelling public are becoming much nore aware of the fine and tricky details of "cheap flights". Hence the conversations above. Keep it coming.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, that's not a free lunch that's an £80 lunch!
ski holidays
I still use Ryanair pretty regularly, last year booking late for Easter I still got a good price to Grenoble from East Midlands and this year I've a long weekend booked via Bergamo (with free, well 1p, ski carriage). I think you just have to be careful not to be taken in by their ridiculous headline price claims and factor in some of the "inconveniences" of travelling with them.

David Murdoch, I hope the Inghams people are as sloppy as you suggest otherwise I'm going to have to come up with lots of imaginative ways of packing, anyone put their boots in their ski bag?.
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
And then there is the question of the interesting recent landings by Ryanair pilots. The gossip I have heard/seen certainly points to the Orange mob as valuing and treating their pilots rather better, and there being potentially better regulation of Easyjet (registered in the UK) than Ryanair (registered in Ireland with strong links to the regulators).

I agree that i do prefer using easyjet and have used both for the past 4 years. I have not heard anything about 'interesting recent landing by Ryanair Pilots'
Can someone please articulate, because if there are problems with saftey i'd completly ditch them. However i know that maintenance problems, cutting corners etc are done by all the companies whether your BA or Ryanair.
snow report
Christopher, if you search the internet you will find some allegations of "unusual" approaches by some airlines into some airports. whether this is indicative of anything at all is open to question. My personal take is that I really would fly (almost) any other airline that Ryanair based on the way I'm treated by their ground agents. I have generally found it a most unpleasant experience. And I can generally find an alternative.
ski holidays
Christopher, I don't think Ryanair pilots are looking to kill themselves anyless than any other pilot from any other airline. If the CAA is happy then so am I. If things go pear shaped though I'd rather have a BA pilot at the controls.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Christopher, I don't think Ryanair pilots are looking to kill themselves anyless than any other pilot from any other airline. ..

Fair point. And I am unaware of any major accident involving a Ryanair aircraft. I couldn't manage with their baggage allowance as a skier, though. Fascinated to see Colin_B can.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
achilles, max size hand baggage and as much heavy stuff as you can cram into it ? You can get quite a bit in a 55x40x20cm case.
ski holidays
Christopher,

There has been a couple of incidents in the last few months involving Ryanair aircraft landing at the wrong airport, e.g landing on a millitary or general aviation airfield not far from the actual "target"... Shocked
And there has been reported "unusual" appproaches... These were mainly procedural deviations..

I don't think passengers were in any real danger in all of those cases but when it happens a lot to the same airline, it raises questions...

This has been investigated by the CAA and Ryanair, and is supposedly being addressed..

I would still use Ryanair, but because of things like the weight allowance, Ryanair is what I use when there is really no other choice... wink
ski holidays
I've just booked Easyjet Bournemouth to Grenoble for 0.49 euros... but hold baggage costs extra these days.
snow conditions
Christopher wrote:

I agree that i do prefer using easyjet and have used both for the past 4 years. I have not heard anything about 'interesting recent landing by Ryanair Pilots'

There was a whole documentary on this on French TV on Tuesday. Can't tell you more as I was working and only had half an eye on the TV. Lots of scary footage of planes sheering across runways ... probably all stock footage though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy