Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Crossmax V12 2007 Model

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Last year I hired a pair of Salomon Crossmax V10's whilst on a 3 day trip to Les Arcs in April. I thought the skis were fantastic having skied on my own Crossmax 8's for the previous 4 years. I liked the new Crossmax V10's so much that I have just brought a pair of Crossmax V12's (2007 model) on Ebay for a very resonable price indeed.

Has anyone had any experience on the V12's? I've taken a slight punt here in buying them but if they are anything like the V10's they should be excellent.

Any views gratefully received ! Very Happy

All the best

Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What you gonna do if everyone hates them???

A bit late for asking really, seems to be happening quite a lot these days.
Buy something then canvas for opinions, all a bit back bottom about face.

ps hope you have fun on your new skis
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Griggs, welcome to snowHead's hope you enjoy the ski, i have skied them last year and while they were far from my top pick they were still a fun ski and depending on what you are looking for, i know several people who really liked them...

i should apologies for our little green froggy friend, hardly a warm welcome rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies if that was a bit harsh, did try to soften it with the ps

gonna use work as my excuse for being a grouch today Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What goes in a liquidizer green and comes out red?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kermit, I thought it was funny.

Welcome, Griggs.

Keep them sharp.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Griggs wrote:

Any views gratefully received ! Very Happy
Smile

Depends if they're the yellow ones or the orange ones... Toofy Grin

Nah, as long as they're not too stiff for you you'll love 'em (ooh er... Shocked )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm sure if they're orange they'll be magnificent (B.t.w. I haven't a clue which skis you're on about, but anything orange is usually OK wink ) Welcome to the madhouse B.t.w. - a fairly auspicious night to start with us Griggs, I think tonight you could have got away with 'Pumpkin' as a nametag, but I guess it would only have been funny once every 365 days or so wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi

Many thanks for the input guys and the welcome to the forum. Perhaps pumpkin might have been a better name in hindsight !

Well the skis are indeed the orange ones ! I realise that it is a slight gamble buying them but having skiied the Crossmax series for 4 years I am totally hooked I'm afraid.

I'll report back after their first outing in January to the hopefully very snowy slopes of the Trois Vallees.

All the best

Razz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where/when are you there? I'll be in VT Jan 19-26 on either a pair of orange V12s or maybe some new W12s. If our jackets don't clash we could compare notes. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi

I'm going to be in Les Menuires from Sat 19 Jan to Sat 26 Jan 2008 ! Obviously bright orange V12's which will be combined with red Salomon Equipe boots and a black North Face jacket and salopettes. If no clashes there be good to meet up and compare notes over a beer or two. Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Griggs wrote:
I'm going to be in Les Menuires from Sat 19 Jan to Sat 26 Jan 2008 !

Must be Crossmax training week! Toofy Grin

PM me nearer the time and I'll race you to the bar (well, it's what they're designed for isn;t it? snowHead ).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why not stay on in the Alps and go to Alpe d'Huez on Feb 2nd? I'm be arriving there then for a week with my 178 cm orange Crossmax skis that I bought for a decent price in Andorra last spring! In my case they are combined with purple Salomon boots!

They certainly are good at accelerating and were probably even more stable at speed than the yellow Crossmax V12 and are good at doing different turn shapes. Took a couple of days of getting used to since they require quite a lot of energy and quite a forward weight distribution to get the most out of them but are worth the effort! They are rather good at hairpin bends, you just point them at the apex and they hold line right until the exit! Am looking forward to challenging them on the infamous Tunnel! The only downside was that the edges seemed slightly less grippy by the end of the week but maybe that was because I was so tempted to really thrash them!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy