Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot sole length / binding adjustment

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

I have a pair of skis that I'm selling - I have a buyer who is interested subject to his boots fitting in the bindings. COuple of questions around this area then:

1) my boots are Head World Cup RC80s. They are currently in storage so I can't check the exact boot sole length, anyone have any ideas as to the length of a Mondo size 26 or 27? If it helps at all I know from a previous post here on snowheads my previous boots (Salomon Axe Performa 8, Mondo size 27 or 28 - I know one of the is size 27 and my old boots were too big, I can't recall off hand which was the biggest size though...)

The buyer's boots are 325mm Sole length, BTW

and

2) how to measure the available adjustment range of the bindings on the skis (Salomon S912Ti). Here's a pic of the bindings as they're currently set.

Clicky makey biggerer and get to more photos.

TIA.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Adjustment range on the 912 is 28mm. So assuming that were originally mounted when set in mid range then you can go 14mm forward or back.

Put a flat screwdriver under the metal forward pressure adjustment tab & lift to release the teeth on the underside of the tab that locate in the binding track. With tab held raised slide heelpiece to rear to increase boot length. Heelpiece often sticks a bit so it might need a clout. This is 3 handed job unless you can clamp the skis. Whilst in theory the binding can go as far back until it stops you'll probably still need a click or two forward adjustment so that the forward pressure can be set correctly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ahh well I'm the buyer of said skis. I've got head 10.8 boots with a mondo of 28/28.5 and I'm sure the sole length said 325mm.

I'm guessing if the current setting is ok for a mondo 26/27 then its not going to have enough for a mondo 28/28.5, bummer Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could always get the binding removed and remounted, I've had that done in the past with a par of second hand skis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave Horsley, I've had that done already, as when I bought them the seller plain lied about the adjustment range and even at the tightest setting my boots were dropping out.

jayc, I'll pop up to check out my exact boot sole length but I've got to say it isn't looking brilliant Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, You could always go back to the previous set of holes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs, I would assume they've been properly filled if a good job has been done, in order to preserve and even enhance the structural integrity. I'm not about to start removing the bindings to find out though!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, Old binding holes are usually just filled with a plastic bead in each one to keep out any moisture.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you can drill 3 sets of holes in a ski before it becomes a problem,ie; around 30 holes in each ski.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Edmundh009, Puzzled
Depends where and what the core is made of.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Puzzled Doing puzzled here folks, now I've got my own ones to look at and I know folks on here have chatted to me about binding adjustment I assumed the critical thing was the boot sole length, and as I understand things and the thread here confirms within a certain binding mounting position you can set the sole length foward and backwards to a certain extent. So if this thread is about how the bindings can be adjusted for sole length, why are folks going on about Mondo - what does Mondo designate and is it related to sole length? Apologies if this is a 'durr' question.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
uh-oh.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, the mondo size is for inside, the sole length for the outside.

Not really related, kinda distant cousins wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

you can drill 3 sets of holes in a ski before it becomes a problem,ie; around 30 holes in each ski.

Can you really? I thought 2 sets of holes was ok and 3 a no no.

I guess it really depends on how close the 3rd set of holes is to the first/second set.

I'd be happy to go back to the previous set of holes but as said it really does depend on how they were done. I've had skis in the past which have had plastic plugs in them, some with blobs of silcone and others that have been filled with epoxy/polyester resin.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jayc wrote:
Ahh well I'm the buyer of said skis. I've got head 10.8 boots with a mondo of 28/28.5 and I'm sure the sole length said 325mm.

I'm guessing if the current setting is ok for a mondo 26/27 then its not going to have enough for a mondo 28/28.5, bummer Sad

1 mondo = 1 cm

26 - 28.5 = 2.5cm difference.

Techmaster Spyderjon says the 912 will do a range of 28mm.

You stand a chance of getting your boots in these bindings without getting them re-drilled...
ski holidays
jayc, three is fine for most ski structures. Mostly not recommended for skis with a foam core.
ski holidays
SnowHot, thanks for that, Salomon use a foam core construction. thanks for the reminder also, I must go and look at taking the nose piece off, I had competely forgotten Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy