Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xscape

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Looking for some advice from those in the know!

I'd say I am an intermediate with plenty of bad habits, but like skiing fast etc. Wouldn't mind learing how to do jumps, moguls etc I would like to do a couple of lessons at xscape castleford but dont want to ask them what lessons to do because they are all trained to say 'beginner level one' Laughing

Has anyone done any of the group lessons at xscape like ski excel or sno academy - are they any good?

Ta

Matt
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of the skiers I sponsor is an instructor there. I rate his instruction very highly if you want jib lessons.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mattmulkeen,
Quote:

because they are all trained to say 'beginner level one'

I could quite easily dispute that. However, there is such a thing as a bolt on one to one coaching session.

It's half an hour one to one and is taken within the time of your recreation ticket. There is a small charge for the 1/2 hour coaching.

But before you consider this, ask if there is someone available to watch you ski for a few minutes, to see what standard you might be and perhaps listen to their advice as to which standard of lesson they recommend. They may well recommend a half hour bolt on coaching session.

As for Sno Academy... isn't that just for kids during the school hols?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't they do regular moguls sessions also.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B,
Usually Sundays and Mondays each fortnight. Not sure if they are continuing through the winter with that pattern at Castleford.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
on the SNO!slope
Moguls at Castleford

Test yourself on the only real snow moguls in the UK on the following dates:

NOVEMBER
3rd - 6th
17th - 20th
DECEMBER
1st – 4th
15th – 18th
29th – JANUARY 1st
12th – 15th
26th – 29th
FEBRUARY
9th – 12th
23rd – 26th
MARCH
8th – 11th
22nd – 25th
APRIL
5th – 8th
19th – 22nd
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My teenagers did the sno camp at Castleford in summer which was all based around learning tricks and jumps. They LOVED it and have progressed amazingly. I would really recommend an instructor called Kerry (who teaches both skiing and snowboarding) - she even got my 5 year old doing the rail Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Renry wrote:
on the SNO!slope
Moguls at Castleford

Test yourself on the only real snow moguls in the UK on the following dates:

Wonder why they don't do this at the other X-scapes?

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I could quite easily dispute that. However, there is such a thing as a bolt on one to one coaching session.

Cheers for the advice. It is appreciated.

Do you work a xscape? The people on the front desk dont seem all that knowledgeable when you ask a question. Thats all I meant! Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry wrote:
Test yourself on the only real snow moguls in the UK

So the ones I've skied in Scotland are imaginary moguls are they? NehNeh

You live and learn so you do Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roga wrote:
Renry wrote:
Test yourself on the only real snow moguls in the UK

So the ones I've skied in Scotland are imaginary moguls are they? NehNeh

You live and learn so you do Laughing

I missed that one Very Happy . I think it should read "the only real man made moguls in the UK" wink

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sage wrote:
I missed that one Very Happy . I think it should read "the only real man made moguls in the UK" wink

snowHead

Ah but they may have been made by a woman Razz

wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, What with the new thinking following the creation of Scotish Parliment, maybe they are considering kicking you out of the UK ! wink

Mind you, getting a large saw, cutting off wales and pushing it out into the sea would definitely get my vote !!! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mattmulkeen wrote:

Do you work a xscape? The people on the front desk dont seem all that knowledgeable when you ask a question. Thats all I meant! Smile

In my experience the info you get off the front desk either in person or by phone is patchy and sometimes simply wrong, however emails seem to get directed to people who DO have the answers. I wrote complaining that they had no sessions with informal instructor support like those advertised at Tamworth, and I got a nice email back from Aidan (chief inst) telling me that they DID and giving me the details. It wasn't at that time advertised anywhere - it seemed to be only for those "in the know".

As an example of wrong information - back in the late spring, I arranged to meet friends there whose two sons were booked into a teaching slope lesson. We were intending to ski for the same hour. I had told my friend when she booked the boys in that I thought the main slope might be closed for grooming at that time, so she rang back and explicitly asked. She was assured that being a Wednesday the slope would be open at that time, as grooming was done only Thurs-Sun afternoons, their busier days.

We arrived and you can guess, can't you! So I'd gone all the way there for nothing and the 3 of us had to sit in the cramped window area of the bar trying to just watch the boys' lessons for something to do!

On another occasion, in the summer, when there was a race training session on, the same friends had booked the boys' next lesson for just after lunch. I rang and asked if the race event meant that it was not really an ideal day for a nervous skier, only just at recreational level to go; I also asked if there were many ramps/rails out as they limit the free slope area of course. I was told that all the racers were on a separate, roped off part of the slope and that there were NO ramps/rails and that it'd be fine for me to go.

Yes well, there was the biggest ramp I'd EVER seen, right in the middle of the slope with a narrow quite icy course round either side, at the end of which there was a rail one side and a netted off toboggan area the other. The boys were taking the level of lesson that introduced them to the main slope at halfway - so they were starting off at this narrow icy part with reduced visibility! The race event had finished, and the racers (kids) were still there free skiing. Now they were great kids - totally polite, and considerate, but nonetheless fast on a limited slope. I felt intimidated and that the conditions were NOT really suited to a nervous novice skier and was quite cross we had yet again been given false information. I have not been back since!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy