Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On the Pisste in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all,

We're off to St Anton in Jan and already checking the webcams and forecasts religously.. again!!

We've not been there before so are looking for any info on good places for apres, and for dinner etc. Have found some good links for piste maps (very interactive with photos and everything.. very dapper!!). Also, would be good to know if there are any health clubs/bowling type activities in the town, as we're a very mixed group and try to arrange things for those that aren't all that fond of trying as many different beers as they can in an hour! Like me!

We're staying in the Chalet Eisfalls which is in the Nasserein opposite the Gindola which looks like a fairly good place to be.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thatmanwoody, not a bad place to stay - nice fast gondola up into the action. Wrong end of town though if you happen to frequent the Mooserwirt or Krazy Kangeroo for your immediate apres libations and ski down in the dark with everyone else for dinner... you'll be in for a longish yomp back to hotel. St A has a very nice new public pool and sauna complex situated between village centre and path out to Nasserein. enjoy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mooserwirt bar on the home run is a must with live music - you cannot miss it on the right. Also the Krazy Kangaroo on the left. There is a huge tennis/swimming/fitness centre and lots of good reasonably priced restaurants in the main street. For the best fondue try the Montjola a short walk up the hill but do book first. Also worth a visit is the St Anton ski museum - very interesting and you can eat there too. Make sure you ski to St Christoph and have lunch in the Hospitz Alm - bit pricey but worth asking them to show you their wine cellar - it is one of the best in Europe. Also try the slide down to the loos! And a day in Lech and Zurs is a must. Try to ski The White Circle which is marked on the map. Have lunch at Oberlech on one of the many sun terraces. And for good skiers try Route 37 from the top of Rufikoft to St Anton. http://www.stantonamarlberg.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
would definitely second skilegs re the Hospitz Alm in St Christoph - a favourite stop. Try asking the very helpful staff for 'Tyrrol-a-grostl' - I'm sure that's not how you spell it - but it's a fantastic lunch option. It's basically one big pan (depending on how many of you there are) of fried potatoes, bacon and onions with several fried eggs on top, served with hunks of bread and shared between you all. Delicious after a good mornings skiing and although not on the menu they were very happy to make it for us and it was quite reasonable for 6 of us as far as i recall.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds fabulous!! Thanks guys
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thatmanwoody, as mentioned above the two main stops for apres are the "Moose" and the "KK", both a few hundred metres from the sanctuary of town on the way down!

Moose
Huge bar on two levels plus massive outside area with bar. Get in early if you want a table indoors! More cosmopolitan mix of punters than KK, a lot of Scandies and Dutch in particular.

DJ is the centre of attention, plays wonderful range of EuroCheese/ SoftRock, some of which you will be able to sing a long to very easily!! Lots of la, la, la di da di da going on with dancing on tables etc! However, if you become a regular you will be abe to predict what track is coming next! It's the cushiest DJing job in town I reckon - burn a CD in November, play every night til April, job done! Drinks are brought to you by burly Austrian men with huge trays who are very efficient - you won't die of thirst!

All in all a great atmosphere, fantastic time to be had.

KK
A little bit further up the hill is the Krazy Kangaruh. Again, get in very early if you want a table indoors. Great atmosphere in here too and it's a bit more Anglicised than the Moose with a mainly English speaking clientele (UK, Antipodes etc).

Drinks are served by drop dead gorgeous girls and this is where the appeal of the KK falls away for me. Shocked Stick with me here! They really are gorgeous but the sales tactics employed are somewhat cynical IMO. eg being over friendly - flattering for 30 seconds until you realise their motive! Shot girls pouring shots into waitresses and then charging you for them, running up a big tab before charging - keep track how many jugs you've bought, giving change in tokens only redeemable at KK etc. Don't get me wrong, its a great Apres session but 90% of people in there are going to spend a fortune getting hammered anyway, there's no need to cynically squeeze a few more euros out of them.

So, for me its the Moose 4 times out of 5 but definitely try them both and make up your own mind! Hundreds of people a night can't be wrong about either of them so it's down to personal preference at the end of the day.

One more tip, hand skis into the locker in both bars - it costs a couple of euros. Firstly its secure and gear does go missing but probably more importantly its a lot easier to find them than looking through hundreds of pairs stuck in the snow outside when your visoin is no longer 20/20!!! wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good tip about the KK..easy to spend loads and not keep track of it but Maria always does a good turn. Laughing

Maybe this is why it has dropped off from time to time ..??

I got fed-up paying ski-bums to look after my coat in every single bar... not sure if it is still the same...!!!

But I'd still go back to St A in a shot
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thatmanwoody, Oh make sure you check out the pool in early evenings it has an outdoor heated section and nothing is cooler than swimming around looking at the beautiful mountains as the sun sets! Haha and its great for relaxing the muscles after a hard day skiing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski Tyke wrote:
Drinks are brought to you by burly Austrian men with huge trays who are very efficient - you won't die of thirst!

Very few are Austrian, they come from all over the world, most have worked at least 5-10 seasons & have learnt very proficient German (Tirolean) Very Happy

The best waiters get the best tip thats why they make a round €8000 a month.

This is also one of the most expensive bars on the slopes for Beer however, Food is very good & reasonable upto Apres Ski.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you've missed some of the attractions in town

Funky Chicken - seemed very popular with staff. does wicked frozen margheritas and good curries - get there earlish to get a table.

Kandahar - a restaurante (didn't eat there) during the evening - a night club at night. good for the post 1am crowd.

Pizza Pomodoro - does what it says on the tin, but we preferred to go next door to the platzl apres club and order our pizzas there..served from the same kitched at the same prices..

Scotties - not made it yet but on the list for March!!

I agree with Lech - especially with a mixed abillity group - just remember that "in the queue for the ski-bus..there is no queue for the ski-bus"
Zurs and the white circle was good for stronger skiers too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, I bow to your superior knowledge of burly foreign men. Very Happy 8k bing bongs a month is cetairnly good wedge, bet they have to do some pre-season training for carrying the beer trays though...!!

Also agree with the Lech trip idea and the queue observation. My tip - if you're in a group take one of the taxi minivans down to Lech, works out less than 3 euros each and you can ride in comfort. If you haven't got enough people to fill a van grab someone out of the queue to share the bill!! You will be skiing in Lech whilst the masses are still waiting for scrumdown when the next bus arrives.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skilegs wrote:
... And for good skiers try Route 37 from the top of Rufikoft to St Anton. http://www.stantonamarlberg.com

Skilegs, I wonder if you meant Route 37 from Rufikopf back to Lech? It is an "interesting" run - some narrow bits, which if icy, can leave your heart in your mouth.

There is no way I know of skiing from Lech/Zurs back into St Anton. There is a BC route from Trittkopf that will get you back into Stuben. I have not done it, so know very little about it. From a site on the topic:

Zürs - Flexenmulde
If you like steep couloirs then Flexenmulde offers many challenging variations in a quite radical looking environment. From the top of the Trittkopf bahn the piste is skied a short distance before a long traverse left gains you a col towards the Rauz slopes above Stuben. Route finding and experience here is needed as there are many extremely steep couloirs over 45-degrees. This awesome and challenging descent finally leads to Stuben where a jump over the tunnel may be necessary
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy