Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Walkie Talkie's

Poster: A snowHead
I just got back from a trip to the States.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 1-11-07 10:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Georgey, Mmm, nice tasty SPAM. I agree that walkie talkie can be useful, but you can get them for far less than that. And where have you been skiing in October - Tignes?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only 6kms and 8 channels Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, that's about right over this side of the pond - less power than american PMRs, mine only have 8 channels but they do have other codes to reduce interference. Or spam, as it's also known
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Just got back from ski trip,

do tell us where you went. How was the spam sorry snow?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skullie

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 30-10-07 17:58; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess they are useful for all sorts of reasons, but I would never use them because everyone I have seen using them looked like complete tools..
"I am just going into a bar, over,
what did you say,over,
whats it called, over,
changed to channel six, over,
is that you, over,
hallo hallo, over,
the name oh yes, just a miniute, over,
I think its called Beinvue, over,
oh yes its sort of like a chalet there is loads of skis outside, over,
I will get you one in, Over an out"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I too have laughed at those people. They're always wearing lots of unnecessarily expensive high-tech gear and skiing blue runs as well. Mobile phones are a better bet (you can call piste rescue as well as each other), though I can see that using a UK one abroad might get expensive.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mobile phones are *VERY* expensive when compared to walkie talkies with the OTT roaming charges they impose when travelling outside of your home network. We've used walkie talkies very succesfully.

cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Georgey wrote:

I would recommend them to anyone who is arsed with staying in touch! It meant me an me mates could go off and do our own thing and then meet up for lunch, quality.

That's professional sales patter for you. Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just bought a pair of Cobra MT800 radios for me and my wife, after scoffing at our friends who bought Motorola TalkAbout radios about 5 years ago. After a week of failing to find people on the mountain or in town, and expensive mobile calls (with terrible coverage in some places), we borrowed some, and the difference was noticeable enough that I've now gone out and paid the money to get our own set. They're about £45 for a pair, complete with earpieces.

You realise the benefit when you get your itemised bill for a UK O2 phone which was used to call a UK Vodafone mobile which was 300 yards away for 30 seconds, and the bill was £5. The reason for this is that your call goes over the local network, then over an international circuit back to the UK, then over an interconnecting circuit to the new service provider, then back over a new international circuit, and then over the local network again, and each time it changes carrier, someone slaps a roaming fee on you...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roger, Roger

10-4

Over...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try this...

"see that hut over there?"
"yes"
"that's where we're meeting for lunch"
"oh, OK"

apparently this form of communication is really catching on.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, don't be ridiculous - that's never going to work. Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, it does and a smack on the head improves reception
latest report
Bode Swiller, Laughing Laughing Laughing Must try that one on Mr L - his reception is usually hopeless.
ski holidays
Georgey, is it possible to buy one? I've got no mates.
ski holidays
Lizzard, you might need to charge his batteries all night.
ski holidays
Walkies are great for working out where your group of 16 has got to, unless there's a mountain in the way. Normally manage to contact 2/3 of them and half of those are too far away to meet for lunch. Noticed that although we all have jhandsets, they all seem to operate on different bands so careful divvying up among groups is necessary. The "see that chalet over there technique" rarely works due to an inability to pay attention hungover and excited about the coming day. And the fact that whatever we plan to ski will probably be the thing we don't. Hence the plaintive call from Cortina (by mobile) from 2 of our group who were mildly pissed that the rest of us were in Selva.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy