Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cramp

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've been trecking through the posts on new boots etc, but was wondering if anyone could offer some advice regarding cramp in my feet when skiing?

I bought my boots in Sauze a couple of years ago and at first they seemed ok, but then I started to get cramp like pains towards the end of the week. For the past two seasons I haven't been able to finish a run without stopping, and can't wait to get back on the ski lift so i can just dangle my feet as this seems to help the pain disappear before i start again!!

I'm considering a journey up to Lockwoods as they seem to get great reviews from people on this site, but thought I would check for any cheaper options before i do! A friend of mine mentioned he suffers from the same thing and was told by his physio that regular stretching of calves and hamstrigs etc should help aleviate the pain, as well as buying some insoles.. Does this seem the way forward, or should i pack a flask of coffee and jump in the car with the credit card?!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if the boots are a few years old and were okay to start with the liners may have packed out. i think you need to get some foot beds (but i am not a boot fitter)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thatmanwoody, I don't see that you can avoid the flask, car and card; knowing which footbeds/insoles to get is an art in itself.

If you need help justifying the expense, cast your mind back and consider whether you were ever curling your toes under trying to get more grip within the boot.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thatmanwoody, one thing that helps my husband is to roll his foot on one of those corrugated wooden roller things, before putting the boot on. Really hard, vigorous rolling, with both feet (one at a time!). But your last two seasons sound to have been misery; what's the cost of a visit to Lockwoods compared to the cost of two ski holidays?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the replies. I guess it's time to take my Ebeneezer Scrooge hat off and pop on up there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if you are around the birmingham area this weekend, the ski show is on, i will be on the Fall line magazine stand and can take a look at your boots for you, it souunds like there is either too much space and yourt foot is sliding into the front of the boot, the foot needs more support or you have a lack of flexion which is casuing the problem

good luck
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy