Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TNF Sedition II Stretch

Poster: A snowHead
Was in the north face shop earlier,looking at the apex and freethinker range,and noticed the sedition jacket. Does anyone know anything about it, is it good etc.

Tried the freethinker and the sedition on, preferred the sedition,not sure why though. Think its the soft material snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mate the Sedition looks a great jacket. How much where they asking? I found one on ebay.com for something like $380.00 a couple of weaks ago. The posty wanted about $25.00 so it may be worth looking at that route if your confident in size.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
$380 whats that in Uk. I seen it at chesire oaks for £228,the same price as the freethinker. My heads fried, i just know i want a softshell,not too bulky and great style. Been thinking what would be the best colour if i was to get the sedition. Red,yello,black. Although i seen a sedition in a green colour on an american site looked good
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah it was the green one i saw. its $2.00 to the pound at the mo so 380 would be about 160Pounds plus postage so maybe its not worth it. Sounds a good price to me. Yello or red though just me 2 pence worth
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
iv got black pants so dont think id go for the black jacket, is that one on ebay still available or has it ended
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=130166373357&Category=57988&_trksid=p3907.m29

so this one is not the stretch one? it's a bit cheaper, with shipping to me it's £183 roughly.

Anyone know what the taxes would be? Presumably VAT and an import duty, the HMRC website is not very user friendly. Looks a nice jacket.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.wildtrak.com/product.asp?id=1021

£275 for a red one.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ian bloomfield, I spent $500 on a arcteryx sidewinder jacket and matching sallys the other week and got stung for £85 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad by UPS for import duties but still way cheaper than anything I could of got on this side ofthe pond
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ian bloomfield, Ask the shipper to plain pack it.. some offer to pay all taxes if any are called in.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_009989&propertyType=document

found the info on importing jackets etc. 12% import duty then 17.5%. Presumably one applied first the VAT on the lot, thinking worst case scenario.

So the e bay one above will cost £213 plus about £21 shipping. So about £235 all taxes paid.

Anyone care to confirm my figures. Yes i have some time on my hands tonight.

HTH rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa, HMRC linky above says these duties apply to gifts as well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen LS, yooz gonna look the business in that lot. Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In the Uk,they only seem to do them in red,golden yellow colour or black,but some american site i seen does them green, whys this. Could it be a different style,discontinued line maybe. Is the sedition stretch a new line or has there been others Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ian bloomfield, what a cream jacket and charcoal sally's not too extreme I dont think Smile
Considering I have been wearing my North Face mountain jacket for the past 13 years and my north face waterproof trousers for the past 8 held together with tape I thought I deserved it Quality not quantity Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen LS, wasn't being sarcy. that arcteryx stuff is lovely. Has that jacket got insulation, if not what do you wear underneath? (Not being saucy either!)
latest report
ian bloomfield, No worries it is lovely and not yet donned by the local scallies either unlike my tnf stuff !

Ok the stuff isnt insulated at all but neither was any of my tnf stuff depending on the weather conditions eg in Les arcs in March the other year I skied in a nike dri fit vest and the waterproof trousers and that was it !!! (for safety reasons obviously I had a backpack with my shell etc in )

But in normal cold conditions eg in canada this year I wore one or two thermal tops and then a rab powerstretch windproof fleece and the outershell and then long johns, mountain equipment ultrafleece trousers and then the outer shell it just depends on who I am skiing with as to the amount of standing around there is going to be.

BUT bear inmind I am very nesh I wear a thermal vest from october to June and in winter tights and knee length wool socks underneath my trousers Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I am trying to convince myself that I dont need a pair of Mantras to go with my new outfit at the mo
latest report
Helen LS, Flippin 'eck I'd melt in all that, I prescribe some pies for you, get some meat on your bones woman!

What does 'nesh' mean?
ski holidays
ian bloomfield, Nesh means feels the cold - believe me I dont need any pies I am positively well built but not in a very lardy way and I should hope you wouldnt be wearing ladies tights underneath your trousers to work Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Helen LS, hold ups every time for me. More comfortable when sat in my office all day wink
snow conditions
ian bloomfield, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy