Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - Binding fitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Being that i'm a tight-wad trying to afford as much skiing as possible this year i just got a geat deal on a pair of Salomon Aero GT+ skis with Z12 bindings direct from the Salomon factory.

Unfortunately these don't come with any useful binding fitting instructions apart from "Take them to your dealership"

I'd rather avoid doing this for reasons above. (£££) Very Happy

Anybody have any links to fitting instructions as i've never had to do this before although i'm well prepared to have a go to save a few quid.

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Without having to search to see what kind of ski this is, does the ski have a plate or does it need drilling?

If it has a plate, it's really easy. If it needs drilling and you are asking these questions then take the skis to a pro. Even if you can borrow a jig you always wanna practice on other peoples skis before you do your own...

Oh. And welcome to Snowheads!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the welcome mate.

The skis come with what Salomon call the Smartrak system already fitted to the skis.

From the silly little picture thing they sent which appears to show the fitting (No words just pictures Evil or Very Mad ) it doesn't look like it needs drilling. It appears the bindings slip on to the Smartrak from each end before being screwed into place.
What i'm worried about is getting it wrong and as a result not getting the best out of my new babies
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fastandicy, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

You could try PM'ing Spyderjon, he may be able to give some advice. His website here

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks sage. Just having a look through his site now. loadsa really handy info.

While i've been skiing for a few years i've always had rental gear before so having to not only assemble but care for my own gear is gonna be a learning curve.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fastandicy, Welcome to snowHeads.

If you PM (Private Message - see Send/Read Messages tab just the Snowheads logo at the top of this page) me your email address I'll send you a copy of the Sallie 07-08 tech manual which contains the info you require.

While it's not rocket science I'd still recommend that you get the installation checked by your local shop, especially the forward pressure adjustment. Most shops will do it for free.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon,

Thanks mate. You have a PM
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fastandicy, there you go solved. Don't worry too much then, rails systems are really easy. As suggested, get them checked before you go skiing. Maybe follow a friend into a hire shop, when they're fitting up your friend they can be sorted...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy