Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marco Polo to Arabba advice please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snowHead -

I am looking for ways of getting to Arabba from Venice Marco Polo by public transport. There is a link to a coach service on Arabba website but it is in Italian and I didn't understand all of it ("he said modestly..." wink ) - other than that what are the options? Train to Belluno then bus from the station? How far is Venice railway station from the airport?

Thanks beforehand for any advice you can give.

PS- travelling alone so assuming taxi direct to resort too expensive- ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The railway station in Venice is a short trip from the airport by bus, you can buy tickets in the terminal. You can almost certainly get a train/bus combination from here to Arabba, unfortunately I'm not sure what it is as I've not done that journey yet. Try emailing the local tourist office, I've found those in the Dolomites to be incredibly helpful.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, Swirly,
I did write to the tourist office last week but they haven't been in touch yet.

I know a lot of snowheads been to Arabba but does anyone have experience with public transport and in particular the direct coach transfer from the airport?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The airport shuttle http://www.dolomitistars.com/index.php?module=CMpro&func=viewpage&pageid=228 will leave Marco Polo at 12h00 and 18h00 on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season but will only be bookable online from mid-December onwards. I reckon you should count 3 1/2 to 4 hours for the coach transfer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very kind of you, Bruski. That must be the page which I could not access earlier.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was looking this up for a friend a couple of weeks ago - don't think it's changed.
If you can get a train to Belluno then there's a bus service to Arabba..

bus to Arabba about 1.5hrs

Train timetables haven't been published yet for January, but this would be how you do it now...

Dolomitibus timetables
http://www.dolomitibus.it/dolomitibus/jsp/orari.jsp?area=Tutte&tipo=Tutti&fermata=

you want BELLUNO-AGORDO - ARABBA - COLFOSCO

Examples ....
Bus leaves Belluno 12:10 arr Caprile 13:30
dept Caprile 13:50 arr Arabba 14:30

coming back
Dept Arabba 8:20 arr Belluno 10:13
dep Belluno 11:26 arr Bologna 15:05
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy