Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pralogan la vanoise (opinions) and travel to courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked for pralogan la Vanoise as my other half likes cross country and walking. Courchevel seems closeish, so i am going to drive there every day, but have only ever skied the 3 vallees from the Val thorens end. (I know i could ski La plagne, but would rather do the 3 vallees, but is there easy parking next to the gondola at champagny? if i do decide to go there as well or a bus from pralogan, i think there is one but can't find any info )

Whats the easiest lift to use to get into the 3 valleys and is there parking next to it?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First lift you get to is the gondola from Le Praz, followed by lots of other lifts before you get anywhere. There's parking next to it. Better bet is probably start from 1850 and use one of the covered car parks (three in town), though you'll have to pay for parking.

It will be quicker and easier to ski La Plagne, I'd say.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed at pralognan at easter,its a wonderful little resort although the down hill skiing is limited.The best way into the 3 vallies is either Le Praz or mottaret where there is free parking just down the road from the tourist office.There is parking near the lift station at Champagney howvever the lift pass to me is excessive.We had a day at Val d`isere at easter and the journey time was only an hour.Pralognan does have excellent restaurents and the new mountain hut above the fortanettes chairlift is fanatstic ,great food whilst watching eagles flying above.We are staying at Meribel at x-mas and are trying to work out how to vist Pralognan for a day as food is far better there and would like to do the x-country routes which melted before we arrived last easter.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for the info. I am quite looking forward to it. How long does it take to get to Champagny or le Praz?

I have skied La plagne before, but 8 years ago, so hopefully it has improved as it felt a bit, well ........trying to be everything to everyone and not quite hitting the mark anywhere. The queues to get off the glacier at the end of one day took nearly 2 hours we ended up skiing down in the dark. Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

but is there easy parking next to the gondola at champagny?

Yep - there is free parking right next to the gondoloa in Champagny - you can either park under cover in the multi-storey below the gondola station, or there's an open car park at the top level of the village, adjacent to the lift.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
carroz it takes 10 minutes to champagney,and around 25 minutes to Le Praz with mottaret 10 minutes further on .The advantage of mottaret is you are bang in the middle of the 3 valleys and then Val Thorens etc is so much nearer than Le Praz.Champaney also has an excellent x-country area which is worth visting for the fantastic scenery and the amazing rustic villages,it also has the huge ice climbing wall which again is most impresive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you everyone for the replies, sounds like its ideal. Have a good season. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tomf, mottaret is more like 20 - 25 minutes from Le Praz but you are right in that if you are in your car you might as well drive up high first thing as it is quicker than queuing up for the lower lifts IMO and being in Mottaret you can explore the 3v's quite easily and not be as concerned about getting stuck in the wrong valley due to high winds or weather

Pralogan is a favourite of the locals but dont tell anyone wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carroz,

If the Moretta Blanche piste is open and I was making the trip from Pralognan, I would drive to the La Tania carpark. Easy parking if it is not a peak week and you can ski away from it to the gondola, then back to it at the end of the day. It is only a few minutes from Le Praz.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a famous off-piste Route from the Col de Gebroulaz above Val Thorens right down (if there is enough snow) to Pralognan. A 2,000m, 20km descent, which I have never done - though I saw where it headed off to the right from the routes down the Gebroulaz Glacier!!! (But obviously you would need a guide).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball, ... I rated that as my No.1 Day of Season 2007. Nearly 17km of powder and didn't meet a single person until reaching Refuge du Roc de la Peche.

carroz, .... now that would be a superb 'Last run home' .... Very Happy I know a great guide there if you need any info.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you for all the extra info, we are going end of jan, so not sure if there will be enough snow, most of the off piste routes i have done have been right at the end of the season (usually when i am fit enough and its easier............off piste is not really the best aspect of my skiing, steep and icy is no problem, but powder i usually end up having a rather close look at!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy