Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Italy in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have never skied In Italy before but would like to do have a few days Spring skiing in April. Where would be best place to go? We are all intermediate level and don't take ourselves too seriously - we just want somewhere where we could have fun. Advice on the best airport to fly to Milan, Turin, Venice etc would be appreciated. Thanks very much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
casnbs you could fly to milan or turin for easy access to Cervinia with the bonus of a link to Zermatt as well Very Happy

we skied in Zermatt on early May bank holiday weekend last year and had the best snow we'd seen all season!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That late, it will have to be high. I suggest Cervinia for starters. Nice link over to Zermatt too.

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
casnbs, We did a late deal package to Sestriere (flying into Turin) last April. The snow was great, the terrain not too testing and we had guiding thrown in, so we got over to Sauze D'oux and a day in Montgenevre.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did a mid-April w/end to Italy last season. As well as Cervinia have a look at La Thuile (near Courmayeur). You could still ski back to resort when I was there. You can fly to Turin, Milan or even Geneva for that area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
casnbs, We did La Thuile last year during the first week of April. A bit slushy in the afternoon but you could ski down to resort all week. It was great up top
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a few years ago, but we skied in Courmayeur in April 1998 and there was too much snow. I've never seen as much fall in one night - ever. It's also been warm and muddy - you pays ya' money..... etc etc.

Cervina/Zermatt sounds like a good plan Cool

Hope you get sorted!
CD.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
casnbs, treviso gets you to Cortina and the like, it's quite fun. For Aoste, Turin's best. Champoluc is nearest with decent, err, nightlife. Gressoney's a little quiet. Lots of stuff further up valley. You cuold even stay in Aoste itself and ski Pila - no idea what the skiing's like.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roger C wrote:
casnbs you could fly to milan or turin for easy access to Cervinia with the bonus of a link to Zermatt as well Very Happy

we skied in Zermatt on early May bank holiday weekend last year and had the best snow we'd seen all season!

Thirded on cervinia - did Easter (april 10th ish) 2 seasons ago and it was great - even had freshies on Easter Sunday, and not as crowded as you might think. Fly to Milan ("Bergamo" I think) and take a tom tom or Turin. Nice wide easy crusing pistes. High and got a glacier to keep you moving...plus some of the reastaturants on the zermatt side of the mountain are great for lunch.. I know bit weird really choosing swiss over italian eateries...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I recommend Montgenevre especially with a hire car so you have access to sestriere, sauze d'oulx and sansicario
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From Montgenevre you have easy access to Serre Che (if you have wheels) and many others if you don't mind a bit of driving.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Venice for Valzoldana area - Civetta.

Great little town with good digs, food and bars.

Also got Cortina about an hour away.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Head as high as possible at that time of year.

Ideally, above 1800m at village-level.

1. Cervinia.
2. Sestriere.
3. Livigno.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Madesimo in Italy, high altitude and just over 2 hours from Bergamo or Milan airports. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skied in Courmayeur last 2 years at April time.
Last year it was a bit too slushy in the afternoon, the year before it was fantastic - so at that time of year there is a bit of weather luck involved there.
Did a day trip out to La Thuille which is a good place to go at that time of year and good skiing for those who are not quite adventurous enough to go right to the top of a mountain looking for the good snow at the very top.
Flew to Geneva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy