Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantastic thread on NewZealand trip in Epic

Poster: A snowHead
Here. Wonderful pictures of a great trip. Wish I could go.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a a future snowHead trip..
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Now that would be something. Summer in New Zealand Bash. Hmmm. SINZB? It'd be a divorce here, though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there stil snow Sept/Oct? A 4 week trip in 2011 incorporating the Rugby World Cup. Ah we can but dream Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I could do it on the basis of a stop-over in Auz, I guess...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, tends to last to early October - (just want to keep you in the mood). I know what you are thinking - ski on Ruapehu in the morning - then fly up to Auckland and watch the ABs win the Cup. Not too likely, since the final will be on 22-23 October. Still, I can dream, too. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Is there stil snow Sept/Oct? A 4 week trip in 2011 incorporating the Rugby World Cup. Ah we can but dream Crying or Very sad

All being well I will be in NZ watching the rugby next world cup but I'll need to do something between watching the matches and if there's snow why not. wink Any other snowHeads going?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard E, We are looking at going as well, is there any links to fixtures yet. What resorts are nearby the rugby?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, achilles,
As a Kiwi in the industry I often think about putting together a trip to NZ. There are obvious difficulties and would people want a combined skiing/ sightseeing trip or just skiing with sights en route. Your thoughts please.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, no idea yet - but I have a good kiwi friend who I will contact.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sideslip, I'm not best-placed to comment - when I was in NZ, there was a commercial site at Ruapehu, everything else was pretty much club rope tows - including where I first skied at Mount cook. But the Epic thread is a good place to start for inspiration - the combination of skiing and mountain walking seems a good one to me. I see the trip was 10-25 Sep this year, BTW, Frosty. I am afraid domestic considerations totally rule out such a trip for me. Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sideslip,

For me, I would like a trip south to be a trip of a lifetime, so I would like to think that the resorts could offer some wild trips outback somewhere.
I wouldn't want pistes as such, maybe a heli-trip and a few BIG mountains.

I don't know much about the hills out there but for inspiration, I would start at the Epic-type TR's...

I don't know what sights you are thinking of ( lack of knowledge) but I would be inclined....from this distance....to concentrate on the skiing first.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I got some pics of the Tasman Glaicier trip back in 1990. Doesnt seemed to of changed that much looking at those photos. I,ll try to put tthem up on here.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Noice.

sideslip, I think the problem with organising trips to an English speaking country is that it really isn't that hard to organise things yourself with the internet and phone nos for a few guides/heli cos. So this would limit the premium I would be willing to pay. I guess things like Warren Smith's trip have a differentiating feature in coaching offered.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
achilles,
Ruapehu is home to the 2 main commercial ski areas in the North Island, however the South Island has 5 well known commercial areas now plus a handful of smaller ones. The clubfields still exist of course and can offer something quite different to the areas we all normally ski.
JT, thanks for your thoughts. My thinking was that, because for most it would be a trip of a lifetime, it would be a shame to miss out on some of the attractions while you are there.
fatbob, I understand what you are saying. I think from our perspective we already have a good understanding of what is out there and would want to help people to make the most of a short time.
ski holidays
As Promised Scanned Photos from NZ 1990 trip. Colour has faded

The planes is over 10Km away. Mount Cook is to the right of the planes

Flying down the tail end of the Tasman back to Queenstown.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy