Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snoworks (iskiing) holidays - good or bad?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking to book my first ski trip since I was about 12yrs old (i'm 28 ). Sadly I can't get any of my mates to go with me Sad I really want to focus on skiing rather than apres ski or 'singles'. After a bit of research the best I can find is snoworks [www.snoworks.co.uk].

Anyone used them? Any comments? Looking to spend about 600-900 for 5-7 days.

I'm not really a beginner, or maybe I am, since I've done about 5 sessions at xscape and can ski ok on there indoor - what blue run? - slope.

Thanks for any comments.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nks, as a possible alternative, snowHeads organise several events each year, you might want to have a look at PSB, MSB and EOSB threads possibly the most suitable for your experience level might be the MSB or Mid Season Bash held in Wengen, Switzerland. Have a look in the snow events section for more details, Oh and welcome to snowHeads
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nks, Welcome to snowHeads Very Happy . I haven't been on a snoworks course but have stayed in the same chalet hotel as the people on one. They all had good things to say about it. I was going to search it on here for you but putting "snoworks" into the seach facility came up with 319 results! And as it's midnight ... rolling eyes

Perhaps you'll like to read them all when you have a spare hour or so Laughing .

Obviously the MSB is an option but if you're more interested in learning skiing technique, everyday, snoworks would be better. Of course you could always do both!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf, I'll have a look but I don't want to slow anyone down! Cheers, Neil.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nks, welcome to snowHeads Smile

I've been on several Snoworks courses and have always had a positive experience with them. The quality of the instruction is first class, and as most people on their course tend to stay in the same hotel the social side is very enjoyable. Just about all my Snoworks courses have been as a single skier and I've always met up with a good bunch of people.

Generally Snoworks caters for more experienced skiers than you, but they do run a specific course which I think would be suitable called Easy Terrain. This course is being run three times this season (Dec 01 in Tignes, Jan 06 in Courchevel, and Feb 02 also in Courchevel). If you're not certain whether this course would be right for you give them a call to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, send a Private Message through this forum to stewart woodward who is a regular member here who teaches on some of the Snoworks courses.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nks, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

rob@rar gives good advice. Snoworks are very good courses and I would highly recommend them, having been on one last year. And by myself so being single is fine. However, if you've only skiied indoor in a snowdome you may well struggle - if at Milton Keynes then the top part of the slope may just be a blue standard but the rest definitely isn't. The Easy Terrain level really focuses on those who can ski reds, although if you're a typical bloke you'll probably be fine! wink Confidence and balance is half the problem solved Toofy Grin Give them a ring and give them an honest appraisal of your skiing abilities.

As an alternative, the Bashes seem to have people of all abilities on them - I'm sure you'd find at least a few people to ski with snowHead

Have fun! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nks, if you go to the MSB and I'm there I'll ski with you, a few years ago I went with a couple of friends who had only done about 4 or 5 lessons on a dry ski slope and by the end of the week I had them confidently going down fairly steep red runs at speed and under control
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nks, what dates are you hoping to go skiing?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy