Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School in Alpe D'huez?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked a trip to Alpe D'huez for xmas week and i'm looking for suggestions for ski school there if anyone has any experiences there-i went with the ESF there about 8/9 years ago as an early intermediate and from what i can remember the instructor didn't seem that interested(it was early season too!) and didn't do my confidence much good at the time as he seemed more critical than encouraging-so i'm not overly impressed with them from that experience.

So does anyone know of any good alternatives,i'd be looking for an advanced group class for myself(as much for someone to ski with at a similar level as anything else) and an early intermediate class for my girlfriend.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.masterclass.f9.co.uk/

Very good, although Stuart's jokes are, it has to be said, rubbish.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd recommend Masterclass http://www.masterclass.f9.co.uk/ - I went with them a few years back and they were excellent. They have had similarly good reviews from others on here if you do a search snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard,
Thanks for the info and i like bad jokes especially when the teller laughs their head off after they've told the joke and no-one else laughs that i can't help laughing at that in a bizarre kind of way.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The ESF instructor that I had when I went in March wasn't that bad, but can I remember what in the world she was called? Can I hell Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was with ESF this year in Alpe d'Huez, and I wasn't that impressed, especially by the class sizes (only second week of skiing, 3rd week for a friend in a different class) as there was about a dozen in each class, even at the start of January.

Some others had a couple of lessons with masterclass, and again recommended them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i cant fault the ESF in ADH they have been teaching my to kids now 6 and 9 but they do o 1/2 hours private lessons over the lunch hour and ski with me in the morning and afternoon, a good family holiday really.

It works out roughly the same as having them in ski school all day and they progress at the same rate if not a little faster but only 2 in the group.

makes us feel safer allowing them out of our sight Blush
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the suggestions guys it seems Masterclass get a lot of good feedback so i think although they are more expensive than the ESF the class sizes are a lot smaller so i think we might try for a 3 day group lesson with them if they can fit us in and maybe an hour or 2 of cheap private lessons with the ESF afterwards if we feel we need them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It looks like Stuart can't fit us in for group lessons xmas week so i'm thinking of trying the ESI (as opposed to the ESF)-they have a max class size of 10-i think the ESF's is 11 or 12-does anyone have any info good or bad on the ESI or any other suggestions. You see i'd rather do group lessons if only to be able to ski with people of my own ability for a couple of hours as much as the lessons themselves.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Atomic_Mick, I don't know anything about the ESI, I'm sure someone will come about who will. Alternative suggestions though. The Ski Club have a rep in ADH, might be worth trying out skiing with their group for a day and if it suits join and ski with them for further days. There was an English ESF iinstructor there a couple of years ago, Ben Langridge, if you wanted Private lessons for anyone, he was pretty good although I dont know if he's still there. I'll just miss you I'm there later in the season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy