Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xmas week bargains galore to France with First Choice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If anyone is still looking for a deal for xmas week then go take a look at the First Choice site-they've got catered chalets from 259 quid flying from Birmingham which is outstanding value considering its a peak week-i've just booked me and my gf into Chalet Viking(right by a piste and with an outdoor jacuzzi) in Alpe D'huez for 352 pounds all in which i think is still good value-we chose there this time due to it being relatively snowsure and having lots of easy greens and blues for my gf with the added bonus of a short transfer meaning we should be on the slopes by lunchtime when we get there.

Anyone else tempted?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe the poor start to the season last year has put people off booking early season trips, with the big TOs having a lot of inventory to shift.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah i think your right there Rob,but xmas week will still be very busy-maybe people are waiting till the last minute before they book this time, i usually leave it till nearer the time but sometimes you can then end up not in your preferred resort with a long walk to the slopes thats why i've bitten the bullet and booked now as everything fits the bill from resort,chalet location,local airport,flight times were exactly what we were looking for and booking early for Alpe D'huez isn't that big a gamble imv.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the tip atomic-mick,just bookeda 4* Meribel catered chalet for family of 4 at £1350 from Edinburgh mega deal!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your welcome tomf, it was only by chance i had a look at their site today as i tend to look at iglu initially for any discounted offers but i know from past experience that not all the tour ops offers are on there-the cheapest deals for Alpe D'huez on there have been coming in at £500+ which is too much for our budget,so we've managed to get our lift passes and ski carriage included for less than those prices so i'm well happy.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Atomic_Mick, struggling to get a good deal on that site for 22/12/07 flying from the midlands. The searches come up with dead cheap pirces but when you press continue there's either no flight on that day or there is only an alternative date at a vastly inflated price.

Mucho investigationo required... Puzzled

------------

**EDITED AFTER BRAIN WAS ENGAGED**

------------

Doh! The prices I was getting were TOTAL prices for the two of us. £277 each in a catered chalet in Meribel - awesome price!! Mind you, even though my search was with flights from Birmingham, the cheapest option was from Manchester. Flying from Brum DOUBLED the price!!

Time to get raiding the savings.... Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
meribel 23/12 flying from Manchester £1103 for 2 in catered chalet with llift passes and equip hire snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My tip for Christmas would be grab any bargains now. There are some cracking deals about as firms start getting twitchy about the numbers of empty beds (and flight seats) they are sitting on. BUT, I wouldn't expect prices to drop much more and if there is early snow tour ops will harden up the prices pretty swiftly in an effort to bring as much dosh in as possible.

I declare my bias as a tour operator wanting to sell a bit more at Christmas, but there does come a point when you'd rather not sell something at all than flog it for £2.50!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ctskifam, I concur!

Also, you get wildly different results depending on airport and party size. Poor singletons seemed to return only one, not very cheap option. Parties of 4 were being offered rooms with 4 beds.

If you want to go from a particular airport to a particular resort and have a decent standard of accommodation, which not everyone will, the prices at a quick glance didn't look necessarily interesting.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are some good deals to be had at the moment.

I've just booked a week over Christams for a family of 4 to Arc 2000 with Esprit in a catered chalet for £1195.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doss, strewth....

Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't forget to check out the independent chalet owners accross the region. Sites like www.chaletsdirect.com and www.homelidays.com can offer some decently priced places.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy