Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luggage for one weeks ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Im going to get myself a new container to use for skiing. I only ever get chance for a week at a time so the bag does not have to be any bigger then 90 lt.
Needs to have a seperate compartment for boots.

I like the look of the Salomon

But on inspection it feels a lot less stronger then the Dakine similar size container.

Anyone used the above or can suggest a suitable container?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like this:

http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?site=EU&model=AAW1&language=en
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use a small suitcase that can fit helmet, boots and some gear. It generally weighs in at 19.80k

Big bags ae pointless if flying with a low cost carrier with a limited weight allowance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a 130L tatonka barrel bag. Almost the same as the northface bags but slightly cheaper.

http://intranet.tatonka.com/infosys/infocgi/artinfoe.dll?2000&0

Bullet proof with a lifetime warranty. Their travel bags are also very nice.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have an NF expedition pack at 140ltr which is great and VERY sturdy. It is too big for my needs now...
I use an 80ltr carry/trolley bag and it is a squeeze but I have a decent shouder bag which helps out as hand luggage
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have some swix luggage, and quite frankly the Dakine bags we have are a lot stronger. I'm beginning to believe that its hard to Beat Dakine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Renry, I have an older version of the Ellis Brigham own brand double decker bag, which is similar to the one you show.

I haven't used it for ski trips (feel it would be too heavy and too big when loaded up) but frequently use it when I fly on business (bigger weight allowance and going for longer periods so need more clobber). It's proving to be very tough.

I checked out the similar Salomon and DaKine bags when I bought it. Overall I thought the EB own brand one was the best; beefier than the Salomon and similar materials to the DaKine but cheaper.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jmdohanlon,
Quote:

but cheaper.

There's the Yorkshireman in yer Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlatanefc, Same qualtity but cheaper = better value. Don't need to be a Yorkshire person to see the sense in that.

Mind you, I guess people round your way can be like the Queen and carry no money. Like it? Then just 'liberate' it from the store wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got the Ellis Brigham version and it's great and very sturdy, a couple of things to watch out though:

- the bag itself weighs around 5kg
- if you fill it, it'll be way over the weight limit, therefore I only fill mine about 2/3 full.
- boots wise, just wrap them in bin liners

Having said all that for practicality and the fact that you can easily live out of it, it's great
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jmdohanlon, there's nothing that beats a "five fingered discount" for value squire Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Courtesy of Junkigear, Im using the tatonka barrel bag that I won at the eosb, its built well, got a decent outer so it is going to be able to put up with me chucking it about... even though mine is a huge capacity, the way they are made, and the quality certainly have my vote.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry, I've got one just like that, but the Snow and Rock version. It's good because it fits my boots and helmet in, plus everything else apart from my skis. wink

I've used it on lots of ski trips (using flights for transport). I can get to about 18kg max with loads of stuff in there.

Never had problems with damaged gear.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowy, Try flying from Manchester, especially at Terminal 2. Luggage wreckers without equal! If gear survives their handling it will survive anywhere.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jmdohanlon, sorry - as I love Manchester, it's not as close to home as London. Try heathrow terminal 4. It's not bad at all. wink
ski holidays
I find I can get easily enough for a week into a ski bag (along with one pair of skis only) and boot bag, plus a carry on small backpack. It's very easy to carry it all too, on and off buses, tubes, up snowy paths, etc. One bag on back, one over each shoulder.
ski holidays
Charlatanefc wrote:
jmdohanlon,
Quote:

but cheaper.

There's the Yorkshireman in yer Wink

You can tell by his War cry- 'HOW MUTCH? Laughing
snow report
jmdohanlon wrote:
Renry, I have an older version of the Ellis Brigham own brand double decker bag, which is similar to the one you show.

I haven't used it for ski trips (feel it would be too heavy and too big when loaded up) but frequently use it when I fly on business (bigger weight allowance and going for longer periods so need more clobber). It's proving to be very tough.

I checked out the similar Salomon and DaKine bags when I bought it. Overall I thought the EB own brand one was the best; beefier than the Salomon and similar materials to the DaKine but cheaper.

The double Sporttube weighs quite a bit too but offers the best protection for your skis x 2 (if 2 people are allowed to carry their skis in one container) or your snowboard or Monoski.

Rob
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy