Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Weekend 10th November Where???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Newbie here so go easy on me!

I need a fix of the white stuff so thinking of a 3 night ski weekend on the 10th November. Anyone got any ideas where I should go?

Thinking maybe Norway or Sweden or anywhere which will cater for an average skier and a novice (the wife), in the ideal world it would be close to an airport served by a budget airline.

Any ideas???
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schladming, since it will be open Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
barney2201, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 brian
brian
barney2201, welcome to snowHead s.

The Austrian glaciers have recently had a tidy bit of dumpage, so I'd look at Kaprun, Hintertux, etc. If you're lucky enough snow may hang on lower down to extend things a bit.

Ryanair to Salzburg maybe ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As the other have said Austria have ahad a good dumping of the white slippy stuff snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You shouldn't be looking at anywhere that does not have glacier skiing. This still gives you plenty of choice - though none of the glaciers are that close to airports except Kaprun in Austria. Car hire is your best transfer option. Have a look at:

Easyjet to Geneva for:

Saas Fee or Zermatt in Switzerland. Both very picturesque villages. Saas Fee most easily accessible - done it in 2 hrs from Geneva. Book digs on the official website.

Tignes in France. Great glacier area. Try Hotel Diva or Hotel Vanoise. Both good value. 2.5 hrs drive from Geneva.

Ryanair to Friedrichshafen (in Germany) for the following Austrian glaciers:

Pitztal (2.5hrs) - unheard of in UK but great skiing. Very small valley towns so not very lively.
Soelden - 2 linked glaciers - excellent (2.5hrs). Tons of accommodation in a very lively town.
Kaunertal - (3+hrs). Long drive up a mountain road and even quieter than Pitztal.

Ryanair to Salzburg:

Kaprun - (45mins). Great glacier, lots of accommodation options.
Hintertux - (2hrs). Probably the most extensive Alpine glacier. Great choice of digs all the way up the valley.

Easyjet to Munich will also get you to Hintertux or Kaprun in 2-2.5hrs.

There will be no ned to book accommodation before you go - especially in Austria, which is well geared up for on spec bookings and stays of as little as one night. If you will have a car, why not go for a glacier tour extravaganza in Austria?

On a cautionary note, none of the above glaciers are absolutely fantastic for a total beginner but all are ok-ish for someone who has mastered the basics. For a complete novice it's a bit tricky to recommend any of them - there are flatter areas on all the glaciers but flatter areas and nursery slopes are 2 different things. Maybe best to check via local ski schools - if you can trust them to say anything other than their glacier is excellent for beginners?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sunshine, Banff opens on the 9th, bit of a commute though for 3days.

and judhing by the webacams it needs to start dumping some snow soon
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
have some faith, when has Banff ever let us down before? Very Happy Besides im going for the season this year so it better dump!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

have some faith, when has Banff ever let us down before? Besides im going for the season this year so it better dump!!!

if i had booked for next weekends opening party i would be worried
see
http://www.skibanff.com/conditions/webcam3still.php
the car still has wheels on, they switch to tank tracks when it snows
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Norway is great - thoroughly recommend it! Oppdal's season starts in November.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
barney2201, it has to be this http://www.atomicbootcamp.co.uk/ - I have just returned from one - unbelievable value snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Any ideas???

Easyjet to Leeds, taxi to Castleford - woohoo!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy