Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey...

So, I'm pretty much a newb in buying skis as I rented them all the time, but wanna buy some cheap ones to start with..

Found these online.. apparently they're Salomon X-FREE 7.9 skis. Tried looking them up on the web but found nothing..

I'm around the intermediate level, mostly do alpine skiing..

Any advice on whether they're good or not? And if they fit my size.. they're about 163 cm??

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hello bytepro, welcome to snowHead

What is your motivation for buying skis?

Where do you live / ski?

On these forums we debate quite extensively the pros and cons of owning Vs renting.

The skis above are getting a little old now, unless you have a very large financial reason for buying I would reccomend renting over owning these Salomons.

If you are resolute about buying skis we need more information about you to help with your purchase.

Height / weight / skier ability etc. What skis you have liked in the past, not liked etc.

And if you are female we will need pictures to check any skis are right for you... wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I also couldnt find this particular model, but no doubt someone else will.

Other info needed re the suitablity:-
You no of weeks ski-ing.
On piste \ Off Piste.
Your weight.

How old are the skis.
Condition of the skis, bases, probably no of weeks in use may be a starting point.

Out of interest, what sort of price are they asking?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey, thanks for the reply guys wink

Well, I've basically gotten sick of renting my skis all the time, but also I'm not exactly the most avid skier, so I decided on some used skis.

I live in Vancouver, BC. I just go to the local mountains: Grouse, Cypress, and sometimes Whistler. Planning to go to Big White in Kelowna this winter though Razz

I'm skiing at Big White for 3 days.. which would cost about 120 dollars in rentals. The Solomon skis being offered are priced at $80 so to me, I'm quite happy with actually having something in my possession.

Let's see, I'm 177cm tall, and 140lbs. I'm in the intermediate level, hoping to get to the advanced level soon. And no, I'm a guy.. nice try though, NehNeh props for that.

I'm going to be skiing at least once a week this season... definitely on piste.

The skis are around 4 years old now. They're not too scratched up or anything. Just needs some wax and sharpening.

Any advice would help, appreciate it!

Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bytepro, Gidday and wlcome to snowHead . Out of interest is $80 your max spend.
Because last season was not the best, there are some great deals on new but last season skis. I'm sure if you went would as many off your local shops in Vancouver and even Richmond, you'll be bound to get a great deal.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy