Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More amazing pics from Austria in the past few days!!

Poster: A snowHead
loads more at this link

http://forums.ski.com.au/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=290682&page=1#Post290682

regards,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WOW!!!!

It looks as though winter has already arrived....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Citin!!! Hope the snow stays for crimbo!! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This has to be one of the biggest early snowfalls the Alps has seen for a long time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold, It's also interesting that its pretty much only Austria that got most of it...

It certainly shows that height isnt the only factor...

I think its a no brainer that id rather be in Austria at a height of less that 2000m now than even the heighest French glacier...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Long may this continue - I just love Austria in good snow
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold, which alps do you mean. I guess the Austrian ones I suppose? I think you need to reveal who you are...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markus wrote:
Whitegold, It's also interesting that its pretty much only Austria that got most of it...

It certainly shows that height isnt the only factor...

I think its a no brainer that id rather be in Austria at a height of less that 2000m now than even the heighest French glacier...

Markus -- This snowfall is great news. I love snow and want it to snow.

But one swallow does not make a Summer.

We have to face reality.

The longterm trend remains clear.

The world is getting warmer and the snowline is going higher.

There is still a flight to height.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold, "one swallow does not make a Summer" seems to be your favorite saying - say it too much and it kind of looses its meaning.

Anyway kill joy of the week award goes to?

Sorry where is the flight to height happening? Is there evidence of skiers rushing off to VT ot Tignes in vast numbers?

Is your real name Micheal Moore?

Yep climate is changing - the consequences remain very unsure, unless you have a crystal ball.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well it would make my summer !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Won't somebody think about the paragraphs!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
waynos wrote:
Whitegold, "one swallow does not make a Summer" seems to be your favorite saying - say it too much and it kind of looses its meaning.

Anyway kill joy of the week award goes to?

Sorry where is the flight to height happening? Is there evidence of skiers rushing off to VT ot Tignes in vast numbers?

Is your real name Micheal Moore?

Yep climate is changing - the consequences remain very unsure, unless you have a crystal ball.

Your poor spelling makes you sound like a 'looser' wink

The longterm trend is clear. The world has been heating up for 15k years. The planet is melting.

Higher temps mean more melting.

Some banks in Switzerland are already refusing to lend money to ski resorts below 1500 meters.

The clever, rich people are already aware that height is everything. The dim, poor people will soon follow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold, he can't compete with your poor grammar.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:

But one swallow does not make a Summer.

We have to face reality.

The longterm trend remains clear.

The world is getting warmer and the snowline is going higher.

There is still a flight to height.

I'll tell you what reality is, the first pic is within a couple of hours drive from here. Time to get the skis out. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Whitegold according to you i'm a "looser", dim and poor
You're a "tooser" - stick that in your spell checker.
latest report
Could we try to avoid the personalisation of dissagreement please?

We'll find out over the next couple of months whether this particular swallow is a solo skier or expecting all his mates to join him in Austria forthwith.
Meanwhile it's obviously a wicked week to be in Austria for a snowHead snowHead
snow report
admin, just a typo, honest guv. point taken.
snow report
what great pictures. Winter's just round the corner.... a few flakes high up on the mountains here today, but nothing like this. I don't accept the "flight to height" thesis. There's masses of building going on round here, including some very spectacular beautiful individual wooden chalets, a far cry from our MGM mass produced rubbish. There are certainly still some rich people building things at lower, but prettier, altitudes. Including some absolutely stunning stuff in Combloux, not far from Megeve, which I visited on Monday en route for Geneva airport (very nice ski area, by the way). So assertions about a "flight to height" are not true, as far as I can see. Of course there is an argument about whether the people spending millions on chalets in Combloux are rich but stupid. I broadly accept Whitegold's overall description of the changing climate, but absolutely reject his apparent assumption that rich people are clever and poor people are dim.
snow report
waynos wrote:
Thanks Whitegold according to you i'm a "looser", dim and poor
You're a "tooser" - stick that in your spell checker.

This is a reasonably clever, mildly amusing comeback.

Well done.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
I ... absolutely reject his apparent assumption that rich people are clever and poor people are dim.

Strictly speaking, no such an assumption can be derived from Whitegold's words:
Quote:
The clever, rich people are already aware that height is everything. The dim, poor people will soon follow.

That doesn't deny the existence of clever, poor people or of dim, rich people. He may well have meant it though!
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
This is a reasonably clever, mildly amusing comeback.

Well done.

Damned by faint praise, eh?
snow conditions
I'm sorry but whitegold does make me chuckle Toofy Grin , just don't take what he says to heart Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy