Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes vs Obertauern in November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading off for a weekend in the Alps late this november. My mate and I have from thurs 22nd - sun 25th to play with. I ski well, he's a complete beginner.

Original plan was to go to Tignes on the Atomic boot camp offer but I'm concerned about the lack of beginner terrain on the glacier there. I see Obertauern is supposed to open on Nov 23rd....

Suggestions and advice welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
motatapu, I don't know much about Obertauern but I am taking my beginner cousin to the Atomic boot camp at Tignes around the same time. Seems there are a couple of beginner lifts on the glacier and several companies will do lessons - we're going with Evolution 2 as they gave us a reasonable quote for private lessons and most of the feedback about them on snowHeads has been positive. Joanne at Mountain Sun has also confirmed that beginners are more than welcome at the boot camp.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
motatapu, come late November in Tignes there should be a lot more of the glacier open hopefully. I was there the first week of December last year and all the glacier was open with pretty good snow, even powder Toofy Grin . The blue Rosolin piste would be OK for a beginner I would have thought provided your mate was with an instructor.

With Obertauern only opening 23 November I think you are taking a bit more of a risk going there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Obergurgl should be open by then, scheduled for 16/11. Good possibility of skiing to village, ideal for beginner. But if nature misbehaves, you've got the glacier at Solden jut up the road.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Already good snow in Obertauern area.Check out various threads on here on austrian snow and early opening dates
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
motatapu, you will be fine with Obertauern, and it will be quiet. Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the comments. Looks like the main problem with austria is going to be getting there, for various reasons it looks as though it'll be much easier for each of us to get to geneva.... but I'm looking into it!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flights from Stanstead to Salzburg v cheap with Ryanair, quick transfer to Obertauern.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
5ully, motatapu's location, i.e. Inverness, probably as far from Salzburg as Stansted ?!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
motatapu,
By the way any connection to Mosi Tatupu the former New England Patriots running back and special teams player?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Never heard of him!

Spent a season at Treble cone in NZ and very much enjoyed skiing the Motatapu chutes.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy