Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's foggy in Borovets ... Good Good!

Poster: A snowHead
Oh guys! It's foggy in Borovets, Bulgaria.

That can only mean one thing! Here comes the white stuff WOOOO!!

Borovets Webcam

God I can't wait to get back out there!

DoA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I posted this question on the wrong forum earlier sorry - so ...... is Bulgaria a good choice for Xmas this year (2007) - thinking of 22nd Dec for a week, will there be snow? Was there any last year at that time??? Went to Les2Alpes with first timers last Xmas and was ace but that's a Glacier - so do I take them to Bulgaria and is it worth it - if so where of the 3 main resorts is the best skiing Happy Cheers easy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1) There will almost certainly be snow (forgetting any freak heatwaves)
2) Borovets isn't a huge resort, but it certainly has enough (IMO) to satisfy for a week. (Borovets - 60Km pistes, Les2Alpes - 200Km)
3) I've only been to Borovets so couldn't comment, however it is the highest resort and the oldest therefore it is more likely to have snow.

In terms of accomodation, I could only recommend the Flora Apartments (we have a 1 bed there) It's large & clean & extremely close to the slopes (50m from main gondola). Two main hotels in Boro are the Rila & Samokov, I've heard both good & bad things about them both.

PM me if you need more info.

Adam
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's not exactly snowsure in Bulgaria at Christmas. Wasn't last year a bit of a disaster early season?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Christmas skiing turned to christmas hiking as I recall!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Click on the Boverets linky and click on info....very useful info if you are looking for working girls!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lol @ northantsred, the article actually states that there are none plainly visible in Borovets contrary to popular belief

Of course, i'm sure they're available if you ask in the erotic bars, but then what do you expect?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DoA, wrote

Quote:

Sorry, DoA, but if it's foggy, it only means it's foggy. It might be useful for you to post your query about Christmas under "resorts" - I'm sure you'll get lots of useful feedback. Very few resorts are snowsure at Christmas and I've never seen any suggestion that Borovets is one of them. You would do better to go back to LDA, but if you want a change, and need to book now, somewhere like Tignes would be a better bet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
DoA, wrote

Quote:

Sorry, DoA, but if it's foggy, it only means it's foggy. It might be useful for you to post your query about Christmas under "resorts" - I'm sure you'll get lots of useful feedback. Very few resorts are snowsure at Christmas and I've never seen any suggestion that Borovets is one of them. You would do better to go back to LDA, but if you want a change, and need to book now, somewhere like Tignes would be a better bet.

Its better than being sunny though! There is snow already at the top of mousalla (highest point in Boro), and it has been snowing lightly in the village a few days ago.

All is looking good!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are you on drugs or something DoA Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Huh?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thought so Wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
williams691

Sorry, I cant vouch for Borovets at Christmas last year, but Bansko at Christmas had plenty of skiing (no hiking). In fact apart from a period eof about 10 days early on in the season, when the very top was closed (mainly because they concentrated on keeping the lower slopes in good condition). Bansko faired prenty well all season really. We were getting reports from guests, whose friends had been elsewhere in europe, that conditions had been quite bad. Ok we didnt have the amounts of snow we usually do, but I for one had a great season. The only difference for me was I couldnt go off piste, as the conditions were too dangerous for this, as the base was unstable!

Although Borovets is the highest (only by a few metres) of all the resorts in Bulgaria, Bansko is the more snow sure and usually has far better conditions than Borovets. Im not just saying that because I live here, it is a proven fact.

I hope this helps
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all,
This is my first attempt on this board.
We are giving borovets a miss this jan 08. Trying Panorama instead I have tried to find a discussion page on Panorama please someone tell me.

Back to Bansko in Feb.

hwyl fawr.
s.p.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been to Borovets three times and going back in Feb 08. Went at Christmas two years ago and had good snow; however the instructor said that we were lucky. As for the resort itself, cheap and chearful. Don't expect good food in the hotels but there are plenty of good, cheap places to eat and drink in the resort. Hotel wise I have stayed at the Samokov or Stalag Luft 1 as I call it. Stayed at the Eidelweiss for one night in March this year and then insisited on a move as the accomodation was soooo bad, long way to walk into the resort and no courtesy bus. Have stayed at the Ela twice and going back there in Feb, clean, good bar area and friendly staff, food - to quote Crocodile Dundee " You can live on it ......" snowHead
snow conditions
Quote:

Checked the webcam in Borovets and 15mins ago there is a good covering of snow in the resort. Yipee!! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy