Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel between Kleine Scheidegg and Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

we are planning to stay in Kleine Scheidegg next Feb / March and would like to know if there is a way to travel between KS and Wengen in the evenings.

We are a bit concerned that the hotel we are planning to stay at (Bellevue in KS) will be a bit isolated and would like to be able to visit the village of Wengen after a day's skiing.

Thanks for any help. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ritson, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I think the last train is at around 6pm. After that, well, you could always ski down....but you may not get home again.

I've always looked at the hotel at KS and thought it would be nice for the odd night, but as you say, a bit isolated if staying for a while.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No you can't. Last train down in high season is 18:47, last one up is 6 o'clock or something like that.
Scheidegg at night is awesome, stayed overnight up there loads of times, once the morons have left the mountain it's nice.

Or you could always ski down at night, be carefull halfway down bumps for the winch from the piste bully, hit wengen hard, party like a rockstar in your boots then get the 1st train back up at 7:15am, sleep til lunch then repeat.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ritson, welcome to snowHead's.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have always wanted to stay at the Bellevue and enjoy the beauty, romance and silence of the mountains at night. I stayed at Wengenalp once and it was magic. The hotel is very special and full of history. You will have a great time and no hassle getting onto the train in the mornings.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skilegs wrote:
I have always wanted to stay at the Bellevue and enjoy the beauty, romance and silence of the mountains at night.

You should Try Murren then wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
murren is too quiet, scheidegg has a 24hr coke machine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, Laughing

Murren used to have one too, but then the shop closed down and they took the machine away.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, yeah I heard that, lack of interest I think it was.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, they decided to combine it with a 24hr chocolate machine instead and place it in the Murrenbahn station thats open all night just incase folks got the munchies Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had lunch in the Bellevue last season. Inside its like stepping back to the 1930s , well worth a visit if you are in Kleine Scheidegg.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the answers everyone.

We are only there for 4 nights, so will give KS a whirl. Part of a skiing trip for me is about village atmosphere, sights and smells - we will probably take a trip down to Wengen one afternoon for a look.

I don't suppose anybody can recommend a good 'one on one' ski instructor (perhaps based in Wengen) for my partner who has only been skiing once before ?

Cheers again. Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could certainly (snow permitting) finish skiing in Wengen at around 4 and have a couple of hours there before the last train back up the mountain. Likewise, on the other side, the last train back up from Grindelwald is around 5.30/6pm so you could have a wander round there without missing out on too much ski time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ritson, joking aside.....if you get the time pop across to Murren...you wont be disappointed !!

http://www.muerren.ch
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ritson, during the preparation course for new ski teachers, I had half an hour one-on-one with Paul Ashton, which greatly helped me.

He is Wengen based, but private tuition we usually do in the afternoon and can easily be arranged to begin at KS (we have a meeting point next to Tipi bar).

If you want to request a specific teacher for private, go to our office in wengen, across the railway station next to the COOP supermarket.
latest report
ritson, just occasionally a late train is run up to Kl Scheidegg, don't plan for it, but whilst you are there you may find that such a train will be run one night letting you stay down in Wengen much later
snow report
D G Orf, those trains tend to be on the full moons, they go up around 10 so if it's a full moon you could be in luck.
ski holidays
stab wrote:
D G Orf, those trains tend to be on the full moons, they go up around 10 so if it's a full moon you could be in luck.

aka "The Werewolf Express" Toofy Grin
latest report
 brian
brian
Full moons for the season are .... wink

Soirées "Clair de lune"
Samedi 22 décembre 2007
Dimanche 20 janvier 2008
Mercredi 20 février 2008
Vendredi 21 mars 2008
snow conditions
brian wrote:
Full moons for the season are .... wink

Soirées "Clair de lune"
Samedi 22 décembre 2007
Dimanche 20 janvier 2008
Mercredi 20 février 2008
Vendredi 21 mars 2008

I bet all the big dumps are on those dates as well, seems to be always around the full moons.
ski holidays
ritson, The Privat ski school have some good instructors and good looking guys!
ski holidays
stab, it is the gravity pull on the clouds wink
latest report
Wow - a serious fountain of knowledge !

Ronald - do you have a web address so that I can pre-book instruction.

Stab, Brian - unfortunately we aren't there during a full moon, but thanks for the tip !

Chris Brookes - I will probably get across to Murren as I like to ski as much of the area as I can whilst I am there Smile
latest report
Tino Fuchs Privat Ski and Snowboard School Wengen
The best instructor I have ever met, he is the owner of the school.
ski holidays
ritson, remember you can ski from Murren down to Lauterbrunnen depending on the conditions

piste map -

http://www.schilthorn.ch/index.php?uid=52
ski holidays
Agreed
latest report
ritson, the webpage ain't much, but here it is: http://wengen.com/sss/

There is contact information down the page. Ask the office by email to inform how to proceed with your wishes.
snow conditions
jbob wrote:
Tino Fuchs Privat Ski and Snowboard School Wengen
The best instructor I have ever met, he is the owner of the school.

I had a Telemark lesson from Tino in March during the MSB - great instructor!. He worked me hard, but it was worth it! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy