Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slalom training on the Glaciers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few snowHead are starting to get out to do some training and i for one am most apprehensive about my upcoming week in December.

If anyone would care to share experiences from previous trips, tips on the local area and conditions perhaps here would be a good place.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll do a trip report from my course with Emma next week. In the meantime I did a couple of reports of pre-season GS training with Snoworks which you might want to see (here and here) and a pre-season snow report from the Grand Motte.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, thanks for the links to your previous reports. Have fun when you go out i look forward to hearing about how the SL course compares to the GS...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, I'll do that. Have to admit to being more than a touch anxious about the whole thing...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After the plastic the snow will seem really fast, so be ready for it, the gates seem to come at you unbearably quickly, but it's all about instinctive reactions - no time to think. It's why it's a good idea to train on plastic first, you get the habit of not being able to set up for each gate (until you're really good). Not trying to put you off at all, just prepare you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, that's the part which I found most shocking - even on plastic the gates rush at you like a maelstrom. I dread to think what it will be like on snow! I'm hoping that most of the weeks will be exercises and drills rather than spending every session in the gates.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, thanks for the tip (i think) Shocked similar to rob the speed of the gates have defeated me so far on plastic so it is going to be interesting to say the least. The last couple of sessions we have been doing little gate work and concentrating on basics and that has helped me start to get some edges into the plastic but quick turns are very elusive.

rob@rar, are you doing more than one week?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret wrote:
rob@rar, are you doing more than one week?

No, fortunately. I suspect that five or six days will be about my limit before I have to retreat and lick my wounds... Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, Don't forget the gates are further apart on snow, so that helps a little. Very Happy Motto: Don't think - just do! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Insurance update for race training... I got direct travel insurance who cover race training and races (non-FIS), instructor courses up to two weeks long, off piste w/o guides and ski touring for 38 quid for an annual multitrip policy. fantastic value IMO and when coupled with Carre Neige seems pretty safe...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret,

I could do with details of that policy/brokers as I paid about the same for 1 week's race training cover for my son
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
poma, direct-travel.co.uk, yo ucan get an online quote and if you take off the insurance for personal money and possessions the rate goes way down. Their policy docs were quite clear about what they covered, definately worth a look.....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret,

yay thanks for the tip - £68 for AN ENTIRE FAMILY to ski off piste without a guide ( Shocked AND train/race (for those so inclined), as many trips as you want for up to 45 days each (up to 17 days skiing), together or separately, for a year, for £68 - result!! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
poma, good deal isnt it, now i just hope i dont need to use it in two weeks time Madeye-Smiley i will probably get carre neige as well with my savings wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy