Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great Cosmic Revelations and Interweb Fora

Poster: A snowHead
Ideas in this forum never seem to build one upon the other.

Satori or nothing, well, nothing saving highly specific, highly individual recommendations that only apply to you if you a) understand it b) work yourself into a figure 4 with your right knee at your left ear c) have 164.725 cm skis with a 3.1415926538979m sidecut and exactly the right flex to balance a gopher on the tails when pole planting.

In building a brick wall, we lay down a foundation. Then a first course. Then a second course if the first one is good. We do not worry about excepitons needed for fancy window insets. We do not worry about the overall aspect of the thing within its final landscape setting, and the glorious purpose of building it.

Before enlightenment: chop wood haul water.
After enlightenment: chop wood, haul water
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
comprex, look up at the masthead, you're in

Not Epic rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, Difference of vanities, sayeth the preacher.

One twists the second course to no consistent end, the other tears down the first in satire.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, I see . . . Posting While 'Shroomed?

Or has she dumped you and you're exploring the inanities of your existence?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, QED
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

That's a truly enlightened man. Just realised what women have known all along.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex wrote:
When the seagulls follow the trawler....

Eric, is that you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WTF Puzzled Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gwaelod, if you have to ask . . . you'll never understand. Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

That's a truly enlightened man. Just realised what women have known all along.

To equally productive purpose, no doubt: supplying the guys with big hatchets with wood and water.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am fully confused...may be missing something here Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MrDan, no confusion, I am missing it too:

show me one thread on BzK that has stated a skiing goal, broken down a skiing goal into its component parts, then taught to that goal.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10, but hot dog buns come in packs of 8?

To answer this will lead to the path of enlightenment.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veeeight, because 20% of the population don't like buns.

See, for every question there is an obvious "look how smart I am" answer, a "look how wrong you are" one, a "do you want to learn from me, or have me teach you what I like teaching, no matter how relevant", and how "we're not like them, we are better".
But somewhere out there, there is a learner wanting to improve without being talked down to, or talked over.

After all, when the magpies follow the canaries, you know Delia is going to say something.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, shut up and take your turn at Scrabble. You are merely postponing the evil moment. Mwahahahaha!!!
ski holidays
Lizzard, hard to take my turn when the game is over, and don't feel too bad about coming second, Dino!

277 to the Lizzard, 278 to the Fox (even though you got to play the last move!)
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, outrageous, and you clearly cheated. (This is obvious: you won, ergo you cheated.) Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard, perhaps I need to learn to play more like you, then I would be "better"... (see how I almost brought this back on track?)
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I see you are learning already. That will be £50 for the game and same again for the analysis afterwards. All sensible methods of payment accepted.
snow report
comprex, in the grand scheme revolving within my small mind, that's where the pony thread is bound.
ski holidays
comprex wrote:
a 3.1415926538979m sidecut

I'm not sure that a sidecut of π (which looked like 'pi' in Word) would be recommended, although possibly good for straightlining ....
snow report
FastMan,
Quote:
As is to be expected as I continue to add installments of "MEAT AND POTATOES". The tangent discussions will invariably move into levels of skill and intricacy beyond those intended in "MEAT AND POTATOES". That's ok. But for those intermediate skiers trying to use this thread as a learning tool and means of self teaching on snow, my advice is to focus mainly on the "MEAT AND POTATOES" installments as they come. A definitive progression is being presented there for developing the skills that lead one out of the intermediate doldrums. Many concepts and drills will be explained which can be taken directly to the snow to be practiced. They will lead you forward in a purposely stuctured progression. Nothing of course replaces the feedback that comes from lessons with a quality profession, but for those looking to try their hand at self teaching, this will offer an avenue.
latest report
comprex wrote:

wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy