Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Kite Les Acs 1800?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if there are any spots in and around the area

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that where you ski along being towed by a big kite? Never seen it done in Les Acs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
surfstar, Have seen it done accross the valley in La Rosiere. In Johnboy had a go
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar wrote:
Is that where you ski along being towed by a big kite? Never seen it done in Les Acs.

Have read a few threads on a kite forum saying its supposed to be great spot for it. Ill take the kites just incase, All i need is a big piece of land with snow and no lifts or power lines.
And yes it is where you get pulled along on a huge bit of synthetic cloth!
a good example is here
http://youtube.com/v/48NrikofSFU
The beauty is you can go down and uphill aswell!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 18-10-07 17:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
surfstar, When will you be there Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
geri wrote:
surfstar, When will you be there Puzzled

Arrive on 19th Dec till 29th
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
surfstar, Phew - I'll miss you wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
geri,
Lets hope i miss the power lines too!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Almost flying, Awesome!!!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
surfstar, Hey, Ill be in La Plagne then, maybe able to spot you across the valley?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
northantsred, Hope so, ive never tried it except on water. The wife wil be in ski school and ill be looking for nice quiet areas!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wow, looks amazing ... i'm heading out to Ras Sudr next week for some of the water based variety .. will have to give it a go on the snow as well this winter .. i wonder how much Ryan Air will charge for taking a kite as well as skis ???
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RichA, My 15m kite weighs 6kg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
northantsred wrote:
surfstar, Hey, Ill be in La Plagne then..

If it's a windy day then he might be as well wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
surfstar, the only area is across the valley on the Col de Petit St Bernard, the upside is that it's on the sunny side of the valley. Go to www.larosiere.net for details.
ski holidays
David@traxvax, Thanks david i will check it out, how long will that take to get to from Arc 1800?
snow report
surfstar,

Had a go last year in La Ros. Great fun. I used to do a bit of kite buggying so was familiar with the technique. Advice would be not to over do yourself skiing before you go. The site is above 2000m and it takes a fair bit of energy.
snow report
johnboy, So i take it im to drive to La Ros 1950 then get the lift up, where did you hear about the site?
ski holidays
surfstar, I'm pretty sure they must do because there is a WIND AND SNOW event being held there whils we are out ther next january. Looks pretty zany to do it on a windsurfer though Shocked
snow conditions
surfstar,

The guys in my Chalet introduced me to the dude that does it. I booked it through Twinners ski shop in La Ros. Take the lifts up. The area is reasonably flat. It is where the road is across to Italy. Have you done it before?
snow report
johnboy, not on snow only on water. Cant even snow board so will be trying on skis. Gonna take my kites. I will check out Twinners. Did you say you have to book it or is that just for lessons? Cant find anythig online about Twinners and just looked at the pise map for La Ros, i have skied from La Thuile to La Ros and cant remember seeing any large flat space, looks like a mission to get up there hope it wont be a waste of time!
latest report
surfstar,

FtS knows the area better than me, but it is easy enough to get to. There is a bar/ cafe near it as I remember. I booked, but it wasn't that busy. The guy will let you have a go with a few different kite sizes, so you can get the feel. Then let you loose with a power kite!!

I
snow report
johnboy, did he load you up with a harness and bar or just handles?
snow conditions
surfstar,

Harnesses, helments. He has loads of kit.
snow report
johnboy, found it http://www.flymountainsnowkite.com/ecole_en.html
snow report
surfstar,

Yip, thats it
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy